PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody else have speed problems?

Andyvalver
15-11-2005, 18:26
What i mean is.. every time im going down a slip road or a short bit of dc i cant help but nail it lol. I know its bad but im trying to calm myself down :twisted: I love the grunt and the noise but its gonna get me banned or points at least im sure. :oops: ****in Valvers are so addictive to drive hard. Went in my mates Golf and it seems so relaxing lol.

Wouldnt mind getting a williams so i can drive slower and just pose lol :wink:

:(

Lunner
15-11-2005, 18:37
Its tehn same in mine, i'll tell myself i'm gonna drive slowley and save petrol, and then i'll boot it off a round about.

Had to teach a 220 (thats all i can remember) a lesson today around an island :roll: Poor ****er didn't have a chance, but saying that i was basically going sideways :lol:

Andyvalver
15-11-2005, 18:46
Lol, i seem to have the same problem as you. Last week i burnt £10 fuel in an hour :roll:

Lunner
15-11-2005, 18:47
the other week i burnt £120 of petrol

Andyvalver
15-11-2005, 18:52
the other week i burnt £120 of petrol

:shock: .. :twisted:

arj256
15-11-2005, 19:17
Lol tell me about it, i wait patiently for 80deg to come about and then :wink: and then :wink: and im out of petrol again hehe

TriO`
15-11-2005, 20:55
tell me about it... i cant help ragging mine everywhere i go. It's too addictive

I WISH speeding was legal... can you imagine hurling yourself past old bill :D

too be fair though, a nice copper let me off the other day... pulled me over but i think he had better things to do. he basically watched me rag it all the way through 1st, second and a bit of third so i must have been doing a fair speed

Mattie
15-11-2005, 20:59
dito

ill start off my journy thinkin "im gona take it easy this time" 30 seconds l8r im ragin it!

also got pulld ova day at sumthin like 3am :lol:

also got let off :P

Lunner
15-11-2005, 21:25
Cop car came up (at about 11pm) really fast behind me wiht no blue lights on as i was getting towards a small island leading up the slip rroad to a d/c, ragged it round the island up and up the slip road and then sat at 80, then the blue lights come on, he had just flashed them on and then i shit myself and slowed to about 50 and he went past having a very good look.

Another time i was going up a d/c, 50 limit, and got followed, again at ngiht by a cop car, i pulled off and inot my mates driveway and he pulled up behind me and had a few words, got let off simply cus he wasn't behind me for long enough to prove shit, tried telling me the dirt on the back of my car was a film on my number plate.....wasn't too pleased when i said "no its dirt, look you can see the rets of the back of the car is covered in it too"

Daz.
15-11-2005, 23:19
I have days like that but I also have days like today/tonight - just felt slow and dull tonight, like it couldn't be arsed.

CRAP...

but then a few days later I get in and its perked up - got a semi on! VROOOOOOOM!

NickFr
16-11-2005, 00:24
I have just driven mine for the first time in 3 Months...really forgot how quick they are!

I have always enjoyed driving a Quick car Quick...strange that aint it!! :wink:

Mattie
16-11-2005, 10:27
I have just driven mine for the first time in 3 Months...really forgot how quick they are!

I have always enjoyed driving a Quick car Quick...strange that aint it!! :wink:

i remember drivin my car for the 1st time after 2 months.....was a quality feelin! :D

Andyvalver
16-11-2005, 13:33
I was looking forward to driving mine after two weeks on holiday lol. Thrashed the crap out of it lol :P

clowo16v
16-11-2005, 13:56
Mines great at the minute as with been at uni in the week I don't drive the car so every weekend I just rag it to **** everywhere.

My front tyres need changing though so in the damp it understeers like a shopping trolley. Very funny on roundabouts though booting it off em without having to turn left lol.

I know what you mean about sliproads though. Theres a massive one going onto the M1 southbound at Wakefield. I often spy a car in the inside lane then nail it all the way down to get infront of them lol. My record at the minute is 120mph joining the motorway, but I went onto the sliproad at 80mph lol racing a 106 GTi. The rest of the motorway is a decent hill aswell i've hit the limiter in 5th down there loads of times lol.

See ya

Matt

clowo16v
16-11-2005, 13:58
Mines great at the minute as with been at uni in the week I don't drive the car so every weekend I just rag it to **** everywhere.

My front tyres need changing though so in the damp it understeers like a shopping trolley. Very funny on roundabouts though booting it off em without having to turn left lol.

I know what you mean about sliproads though. Theres a massive one going onto the M1 southbound at Wakefield. I often spy a car in the inside lane then nail it all the way down to get infront of them lol. My record at the minute is 120mph joining the motorway, but I went onto the sliproad at 80mph lol racing a 106 GTi. The rest of the motorway is a decent hill aswell i've hit the limiter in 5th down there loads of times lol.

See ya

Matt

TA
16-11-2005, 22:32
it gets driven hard everywhere! and its unusual for me not to hit a ton at least once a day!

i always nail it down slip roads, more often than not I have to break to get on!

Its also abit of a wonder how ive only got 3 points!

im a very very naughty boy!

its even worse now if fitted a decated scorpion! sounds so mint!

:twisted:

richy
16-11-2005, 23:01
I WISH speeding was legal... can you imagine hurling yourself past old bill :D

if speeding was legal it wouldnt be speeding lol

hmm well my clio sits in garage and i drive me 1.4 R19 about, stops me getting done lol

2 live
17-11-2005, 12:06
only really get to use mine at weekends ...have the van all week.

i make up for it tho lol...dont think iv ever not done a ton evry time i drive it lol

Daz.
18-11-2005, 00:27
only really get to use mine at weekends ...have the van all week.

i make up for it tho lol...dont think iv ever not done a ton evry time i drive it lol

Ditto, van all week car at weekend, always touch the ton on a motorway just to stretch her legs... :)

Loz
22-11-2005, 21:20
i also have a van all week and my valver is stuck on my drive.

every time i get home i turn the car over, i sit there wanting to take her for a spin, but i know if i went out i wouldn't be back for hours.

Coops
22-11-2005, 21:25
i also have a van all week and my valver is stuck on my drive.

every time i get home i turn the car over, i sit there wanting to take her for a spin, but i know if i went out i wouldn't be back for hours.

thats appaulin, u sit there with a fully functionin dream car n 'turn it over' n dream....the whole point of gettin the thing is to live the dream!!!!!!!! mine in bits and am workin me tits off to get it runnin again and ur....ur...looking at urs........ :shock:

:D :D

Daz.
22-11-2005, 23:18
Mines away from me for 3 weeks - theres a big space on the drive where she should be!!

Mind you she'll reward me with her rust free arches :D

gtbloke
11-12-2005, 10:21
mine gets the old leadfoot (me) daily, and still flies with no complaints (well apart from that bleedin sticking caliper) 8)

1991 non -cat valver, :) its fun

Tom_16v
12-12-2005, 00:55
I'm the same, just something about the car. Never got a decent mpg figure in over three years of owning it lol!