PDA

View Full Version : Bounce....

dannyt
14-11-2005, 23:16
Right, heard a noise from the rear tonight on my way home from work, sounded like something pinged or broke off and now the rear susp has more bounce in it than it used to!

I've had a breif look under there and the dampers seem to be bolted on ok still which is what happened last time, one of them snapped off!

So could this be two broken dampers?

Or

A problem with the torsion bar etc?

Also is it still ok to be driving it or should I not as to possibly cause more damage?

It seems ok, it's just springier than it used to be and isn't as stiff!

Cheers

Danny

VIPERONE
15-11-2005, 08:24
morning, just got in from work ZZZzz it may be the bolt holding the rear shocker (left or right) has unscrewed it self, mine did this...also check torsion

dannyt
15-11-2005, 13:14
How do you check torsion fella?

Danny

VIPERONE
15-11-2005, 18:51
you look to see if it still in place and hasnt sliped out, i'd say your shock may have snapped at rear, bolt come out imo

dannyt
15-11-2005, 19:14
gunner - had a look today pal and the shocks seem to be bolted on ok but when pushing it up and down there is a squeek, it bottoms out and tops, is v.easy to bounce and just doesn't seem to have any stiffness in it!

I am thinking it might be the dampers snapped inside or the bushes etc!

Rang BB today who fitted them and they said to ship the invoice off to them, so will do later!

Should I put my original dampers back on and see if it solves the problem?

And will they be ok as the beast is lowered quite a bit?

Cheers

danny

VIPERONE
15-11-2005, 20:25
yeah put originals on, and ssee if a difference is to be had, they will be softer for a start. good luck :-)

Lunner
15-11-2005, 20:28
If tehy are uprated dampers tehy will be gas filled, most likley, rasther then oil filled as teh orignal std ones were/are.

Quite possibly you have popped a seal inside of something

dannyt
15-11-2005, 23:03
yer your probably right, ill try and get them changed asap, think i'm going to try and order some gaz rear dampers from k-tec if there not too expensive!