PDA

View Full Version : Williams at Cadwell

Zollo
12-11-2005, 12:41
Had an awesome day and the Williams put up a good fight against all the Pugs and R5s there. In fact, the R5s were pretty disappointing, most of the fast Pugs were quicker. Cadwell is an awesome track, hilly, tight, twisty and we have GOT to go there soon!

2live Tuning fettled Halfords-equipped brakes actually stood up surprisingly well. Crap power, but I was very easy on them (to give the Pugs and R5s a chance :wink: ) and they lasted a good 5 long sessions without fading :shock:

Great conversation at the end of the day, with owners of a track-prep'd 205 and (GTi-engined) 106 Rallye....

205 owner: So what mods have you got?
Me: Nothing, just a decat and stainless system.
205 owner, getting desperate: How about suspension, tyres?
Me: Nope, standard suspension, 185 Goodyears, and absolutely knackered brakes.
106 owner: So what power are they standard?
Me: 150
106: Is that all?!?

Both leave Cadwell wanting a Williams :twisted:

Only one pic so far. More to come, including an in-car vid....

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y204/Zollo/Cadwell.jpg

Dancliovalver
12-11-2005, 12:44
ayup mate, did your wheels look good??? get some pics up!!

sounded like a good day, would love to have gone!!
nice to meet ya by the way!

Zollo
12-11-2005, 13:00
Hey mate. Good to meet you too. Hopefully next time we meet I can have a gander at your car instead of the R5 :wink:

Didn't put the wheels on in the end, because I didn't think it would be a good idea to go out with tyres I haven't driven on before, if you know what I mean? Gonna see how they are on the road before going flat-out around a track!

Plus, I couldn't be bothered to swap them all over :P

Dancliovalver
12-11-2005, 13:17
lol fair do's know what you mean bout tyres then can make alot of difference!!!
the williams looked very tidy, always wanted a proper one but cant afford it :cry:

anyways glad u had a good day and get some pics up if u put your wheels on!!!

GazTwo
12-11-2005, 15:08
8) .....sounds like u had a good day mate....what a Track Day whore..... :wink:

dannyt
12-11-2005, 18:21
well good, i really wanna go there, how much was it?

Zollo
12-11-2005, 19:47
100 quid. And I got pretty much as much track time as I (or rather car) could handle. Two groups in the morning, and open pit in the afternoon. And there were only 40-odd cars to share the track with 8)

Gaz - I see what you mean by them being a little more serious than us lot. Kev's 106 and Pete's 306 Rallyes were awesome. Proper semi-slick track tyres. They also had an ex-btcc GTi6 there :shock:

Martin
12-11-2005, 20:38
What happened to the 4 pot fitting? lets have the vids.. :)

Zollo
12-11-2005, 20:49
Instead of getting the 4-pots, I got five pounds worth of metal attachment through the post :? . And that was a day late! Hopefully I'll have them before the next track day...may be....

Will post up in the media section when I get the vid from Kev. It was in-car from his blue Rallye when he was chasing me 8)

richy
13-11-2005, 00:55
nice one mate, ive been thinking about going there anyway, me and rich and pos bayliss fancy a tour de clio there lol