PDA

View Full Version : Website down...

Willy 2
11-11-2005, 19:48
What happend with the Website guys?? For the last couple of hours i guess, i couldnt log on!! Most annoying cos i wanted to ask you lot a Q!! No need now, persistance over comes resistance!!

:D

Rich
11-11-2005, 19:59
awww go on ask us anyway :lol:

Willy 2
11-11-2005, 20:15
Ok this is going to sound dumb, but for the last day and a half i could not fathom how the power steering hose was fitted. As you know it goes from rubber hose into the shaped metal tubing.

Well i couldnt remember how it went back, wether it was mounted to the gearbox, the side of the wheel arch. Was doing my nut in i can tell you.
:evil:

But having a cheeky break, i went back to it again and saw some tell tal emarks on the front of the gearbox, one of the bolt holes and left a mark with a rounded edge to it. From here on i started to put the puzzle together.

As im sure you lot know it goes under the gearbox. From there you'll find that on the metal tubing part there is a metal bracket that is attached. This needs to then go onto a bolt that comes out from the end of the gearbox casing.
This becomes evident as to which bolt it is as the length of the tubing determins where the bracket lies.

From then on it was easy peasy and i reconnected the tubing back onto the rack.

This isnt the best peice of english i have ever written, but i know what i mean when i write it!! :D

Rich
11-11-2005, 21:34
lol nice one, however my p/s pipe is routed different and runs along the subframe and out of the way of the box so i have access to fit the extra r19 mount without having to move the pipe first :D your all jealous i know it! (well unless yours is the same :P )