PDA

View Full Version : One for Gunner

Swervin_Mervin
11-11-2005, 11:32
So how does this work then?

Click (http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=12368)

I am referring specifically to the new new offence of "keeping a vehicle without insurance."

I mean if you have a car not on the road and not insured you surely haven't got tax. Ergo if you haven't got tax, you should have it SORNed. If you haven't then you're breaking the law.

So where does this new one come in? Is it illegal for me to have a track car that is trailered to events and is therefore not insured and declared SORN?

GazTwo
11-11-2005, 12:31
That what it reads.... :x ......just put a cover over it....just the same as one of them enclosed trailers.... :wink:

MatBrown
11-11-2005, 18:31
But it says it doesn't need to be spotted, can be sitting at home in the garage being restored but if you don't have insurance on it you will be charged?

Mat.

Swervin_Mervin
11-11-2005, 18:36
Exactly. You're ****ed Mat! :P

imagine the costs to breakers! :shock:

VIPERONE
11-11-2005, 18:39
nah thsats not correct, it has to be on the road, or declared sorn.
we get a lot of offenders hiring cars then sharing it, so its an ideal law to seize them if they cant provide insurance. when they can prove there insured then they can have the vehicle back.. but only after 7 days. lol.

anpr has been runing for 2 years... its a good bit of kit, for catching non taxed motorists, you can still have insurance but no tax, depends when you get your insurance, or vice versa,.