PDA

View Full Version : Road traffic Act

VIPERONE
11-11-2005, 01:24
New law is in force in Greater Manchester, Road Traffic Act section 165a, if the driver of vehicle cant prove at the roadside he is legitimately entitled to drive a police officer can seize the vehicle, only released no less than 7 days later, on reeipt of proof of ownership, driving docs etc.

Charges in relation to the seizure and retention of a motor vehicle

6. —(1) The charge payable under regulation 5(1) shall be—

(a) in respect of the vehicle's seizure, £105; and

(b) in respect of retention, £12 for each period of 24 hours or a part thereof during which the vehicle is in the custody of the authorised person.

(2) For the purposes of paragraph (1)(b), each period of 24 hours shall be calculated from noon on the first day after seizure during which the place at which the vehicle is stored is open for the claiming of vehicles before noon.

after 14 days the vehicle can be disposed of by means of sale, owner has 1 year to come forwad to receive sale money. lol what a power!

also driving erratically, wheelspining loud music, anyform of anti-social driving can incur your vehicle being seized at the road side!

Rich
11-11-2005, 01:44
:shock: does that mean insurance or just producing a liscence?

Scott-16v!
11-11-2005, 01:47
:o arseholes. :roll:

BRUN
11-11-2005, 01:50
yet more stuff to get money out of the motorist

**** off blair, go and die

we need riots, kill the lot of em

Craig
11-11-2005, 09:24
so whats that mean? we have to leave a copy of all our docs in the car or on us?

ideal for when a car theif nicks it! :)

J o n
11-11-2005, 09:37
quality, another way for the local constabulary to abuse more of their bestowed powers :roll:

MrAtego
11-11-2005, 09:48
Pity they wasn't so vigilant when Northy's willy and Toni's scooby got nicked :roll:

J o n
11-11-2005, 10:07
persecution of individuals with no criminal intent is less effort though, or collecting taxes as I call it...

handing out ASBO's to scumbags would be more productive, there ****ing over running the streets but nothing is done as the problem worsens... funnily enough as this problem spirals out of control at the other end the speeding fines etc are increasing... complete joke... :evil:

Mooseman
11-11-2005, 10:24
This must mean just have your licence with you at all times. they can check insurance, mot etc through their network of info on all us taxpaying do-gooders.

A mate of mine was pulled over cos his engine was iddling funny (an older modded golf forget which model) about a year ago at 9am. Police claimed he was revving the engine as an excuse to pull him. Whilst they were there they breathalised him - turns out he was slightly over the limit, from the night before - 12 months later his licence is returned. complete dogshit.

Swervin_Mervin
11-11-2005, 11:25
But if I was pulled at the mo I'd have no way of proving I'm eligible to drive Steph's car, unless I phoned her at work and let the coppers speak to her, but then they wouldn't know it was her so could still seize the vehicle.

Arseholes.

kj16v
11-11-2005, 13:55
yet more stuff to get money out of the motorist

f*ck off blair, go and die

we need riots, kill the lot of em

Careful there, that could be taken to be 'glorifying terrorism', and if Blair eventually has his way, you could be thrown in jail for three months while they concoct evidence against you. :roll:

VIPERONE
11-11-2005, 18:44
no, if you have a legitimate driving licence it will be on pnc, as is insurance,a nd soon mot, and even knows if your taxed.. its a good thing, im sure you'd be cheesed off if an uninsured driver struck your car. or an unregistered car was seen driving off after the occupant burgled your house.

J o n
11-11-2005, 19:21
in theory it could be a good idea... but I think most people are concerned about the abuse it will receive... bit like speed scameras, not for safety, just another tax. the british people are cynical for good reason

Lunner
11-11-2005, 19:57
Right so if they ahve the driving lisence on record and insurance etc, then how the ****, apart from those do you prove you are entitled to drive

NickFr
11-11-2005, 20:01
In France you must have all of your documents in the car when driving, the Police here keep a low profile, however they do carry out regular checks and are very hot on no insurance. They are always polite and efficient, this could be one of the reasons that car theft is pretty uncommon here. Your licence has a photo, so add that to insurance and bingo no probs!

You have probably seen European men carrying large leather wallets, they are useful for carrying docs, money, passport, keys..Blah..blah..look a bit gay perhaps but Hey you get used to it.

The only aspect of Gunners thread that potentially bothered me was the possible seizure of your car for loud music, driving erratically....etc, providing that this is only implemented in serious cases, can't see a problem. I hope that these measures are only being brought to combat the alarming rate of theft and the immoral scum who pay no insurance and drive like complete twats endagering our cars and lives!

Justin..
11-11-2005, 21:18
^^ you must mean man bags :wink:

VIPERONE
11-11-2005, 21:40
Right so if they ahve the driving lisence on record and insurance etc, then how the f*ck, apart from those do you prove you are entitled to drive

false details, names, not all insurance company register with the police system..
it is also an offence in great briatin not to have you driving docs with you.... however you get seven days grace to produce.

RS-Steve
11-11-2005, 21:49
Question.....

I drive a company vehicle. I have no idea who actually owns the vehicle as it is leased through around 3 diff companies. The police pull me doin 30.5 mph in a 30 an ask to see my documents i show my licence but have no proof of ownership of the vehicle or any idea who owns it??

Does it get impounded, hope it does what an excuse for been late that would be!!

VIPERONE
11-11-2005, 22:11
if its not on our systems who the named drivers are, and you insurance doesnt state you can drive the car, then it would technically be impounded... however sometimes you have a 6th sense when something is wrong...and discrection has to be exercised in certain circumstances...

i would check the driver out for his history, ask for id etc etc. If he could offer me id, or proof of who he was then i would just issue a producer rather than seize a car.

certain members of the public get hire vehicles and share it round their mates, and use them for drugs running etc... you generally know who to target and where..

RS-Steve
11-11-2005, 23:28
but to the leter of the law company vehicles will be impounded if stopped!!!

GREAT!!!!

Gav
11-11-2005, 23:37
so u gotta carry all ur documents around with you?

then again.....tamworth aint exactly manchester :?

VIPERONE
15-11-2005, 08:34
well, i utilised 165a road traffic act, the vehicle which i seized was a 54 plate megane 225... no registered keeper, driver had no insurance, and failed to provide a sample of his breath for analysis.

mint cars inside key card start, i'd have one. lol. as my everyday car.

BRUN
16-11-2005, 01:43
i dont want to carry all my docs in my car

some asylum seaker might pinch em and steal my identity

if he got convicted of anything though he would probably be sent on a free holiday for the stress he endured through a trial