PDA

View Full Version : New speedo cable HELP!!!!!

wilyolddave
11-11-2005, 00:01
:D Got a new speedo cable turning up at the weekend and could do with an idiots guide to fitting it!!!(me being the idiot!!)Im ok at the dash end but its the bulkhead(grommit?) and gearbox end which im unsure of??
Any help would be greatly appreciated and pics would be even better!!!Many thanks in advance 8) Bloody thing might tickover right then !!!!!! :twisted:

Rich
11-11-2005, 00:19
if your ok at the dash end surely you can pull it through the bulkhead and then just find where its attached no? it just pulls out of the box end as well mate when you press in the clips

Anders
11-11-2005, 09:49
Start in the passenger seat mate, as the dash end can fit behind the heater matrix. Once pushed through then feed it up to pop out near your dials.

The bulkhead grommet splits into two to aid fitting. Remember to keep the black retaining clip on the old speedo cable as you will need this for the new one. Just pop the cable through, put on the black clip and push it into the gearbox.

The grommet you may have a slight struggle with as its a bugger to get to, I layed on my back with me feet on the passenger seat, using a blunt screwdriver prise the first half of the grommet through the hole (made slightly harder as it has the carpet there too), once in, the push second half of the grommet into the first bit.

Bosh job done...now go have a cuppa.

wilyolddave
14-11-2005, 21:56
:D Sorted cheers Anders job done!!Bit of a pain behind the heater thingy but all in all not to bad a job!!The tickover prob has now gone away and also i havent got flickering needle any more!! 8) 8)

Mattie
15-11-2005, 11:50
is the gromet the white thing that attahces on the end of the cable n gos in2 the gear box?

Anders
15-11-2005, 13:40
Nope it the black rubber thing that seals off the hole in the bulkhead where the cable comes out of.

Mattie
15-11-2005, 17:17
ooo now i remember!

i had 2 wedge my amp cable down the side of it! :lol: