PDA

View Full Version : Do the track rods need to be removed...

fab
10-11-2005, 16:18
from the hub carrier in order to change the shocks and springs?

northy
10-11-2005, 16:37
no

Anders
10-11-2005, 16:50
I will be changing the front shocks and springs this weekend, and plan to do a step-by-step guide so that anybody can do this.

It will apply to changing either the springs alone or both shocks and springs, either in standard Reno stuff or uprated form.

Easy to do, but I'm guessing changing the suspension to somebody that has never done it before is a bit daunting.

fab
10-11-2005, 16:52
thanks northy.
just trying to figure out my reno bill for next week.i know one of the track rod ends is seized and i really dont want them making excuses for replacing it as i imagine the bill is gonna be high enough.

Rich
10-11-2005, 17:00
no need mate to change shock after removing the wheel its only 3 bolts that need to be undone 2 on the damper leg and one on the top mount :wink:

Anders
10-11-2005, 18:15
Yeah, I know that but was thinking about the others. As there is the CV boot to look out for, and also the spring removal with the compression clamps.

Yeah, maybe too simple.

Rich
10-11-2005, 18:21
i was on about the track rod situation tbh, a guide always helps those who are less sure :)

fab
10-11-2005, 18:22
fair point Anders.If its one thing the site is missing it is a dedicated section for DIY with photos.
i know the answers can be found searching the forum but its a pain in the tits sometimes to have to go back and browse through a zillion posts,and the search feature aint that hot.

And pardon me if i'm wrong but judging from previous posts there were very few "standard" williams owners asking questions about standard setups.