PDA

View Full Version : newbie question on 2.0 valvers.

Jamie.
09-03-2005, 12:59
how many of you have dropped a 2.0 lump in your valvers, are there any problems of doing so? any reliablity differences, do the looms plug straight up? any problems with drive shafts, do they knock, pop or fook your gear box? what is the general feeling on such mods, is there any power gain by leaving you standard valver manifold on ya willy enigne? would you reccomend it, also is there going to be long-run pricy repairs cheers Jamie

09-03-2005, 13:20
any1?

big hp
09-03-2005, 13:43
Only been 20 mins since you asked the Q mate.

Will offer some answers to your questions.

http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=521

Rich_16v
16-05-2005, 17:38
Valver manifold is better to torque levels, i believe most hybrids use it rather than the willy one

Can't imagine there are any problems with drive shafts as the power increase isn't huge going from F7p to a F7r block its the power delivery that makes them so different

Reliability is prob down to the history and level of servicing the block has had

I'm sure others will add more...

Martin
17-05-2005, 01:13
Basically there are no problems whatsoever with the drivetrain...it's just as reliable as the williams. I run a supersprint manifold better than the 16v...but it should be for 300 quid! I would deffo recommend the conversion I would'nt drive/buy a 1.8 valver but then I did come from a williams to start with! Oh and 2.0 valvers are usually faster than their williams counterparts... :twisted: :?

JayR
23-05-2005, 21:16
Im after one and hope it will be as good as everybody says!!!

Cant be any less reliable that my current 16v lump!!!Lol

Plus would probably be a good idea to get all the expensive things such as the belts/gearbox/clutch/mounts changed before the engines dropped in id have thought!!!