PDA

View Full Version : polly bushes Tec question

clio_bus
09-11-2005, 11:05
not sure if anyone will know the answer to this but its worth a pop?

polyurethane is the material used for suspention bushes, now does anyone know anything about the shore values of polyurethane?

ie, do different colours mean different grades (hard/soft)...

reason i ask i have a template polly bush and its red in colour with 100. stamped on it, i need to order the correct polyurethane so a can make a set.
:roll:

cheers

northy
09-11-2005, 11:37
as far as i know there are 3 grades of poly bush

yellow - medium compound
red - fast road hard compound
blue - standard replacement for classic cars

northy
09-11-2005, 11:45
http://www.rallydesign.co.uk/catalog/index.php?cPath=533

clio_bus
09-11-2005, 12:09
dont suppose you know the shore values for each of them??????????

northy
09-11-2005, 12:27
no.

you will have to email polybush and get a datasheet direct

clio_bus
09-11-2005, 13:29
Just recived this:

Guide to Hardness Selection

SuperFlex grades are all pre determined in hardness suitable for road to fast road use. As a customer, you do not have to choose the hardness, unless an option on our listings.

On some cars all four production hardness are used in various positions around the car, depending on the load in that location – as tested and pre determined by us.

Colours of SuperFlex bushes do not identify hardness, with the exception of 95 shore which is only produced in red.

To simply blanket a car with one hardness and call it: road, touring, performance or race displays compromise or limited production capability and doesn’t work - see selection chart below:

Guide to Hardness Selection:-
70 Shore Typically subframe mountings where low NVH is a priority and situations where compliance is desirable
80 Shore Typically wishbone, radius rod, non coil over shock eye bushes
90 Shore Typically leaf spring eyes or more heavily loaded wishbones & radius arms, trunnion bushes where replacing rubber
95 Shore Typically intensely loaded coil over shock bushes, trunnion bushes where replacing nylon – red only

For certain motor sport applications we can make bushes typically in firmer grades to special order. The lead time for this service is 8 weeks from the 20th of each month and is subject to a minimum order 20 pu pieces of any one part number.

BRUN
09-11-2005, 19:31
i wouldnt bother with poly bushes, had em before, wouldnt have em again

after a few months they squeek like mad and need taking out and regreasing, not worth it

Lunner
09-11-2005, 19:34
But what did it do to the handling?

BRUN
09-11-2005, 20:02
not exactly sure as i had coilovers fitted at the same time

Lunner
09-11-2005, 20:31
:roll: :wink: