PDA

View Full Version : Brakes

Rich
09-03-2005, 02:53
Looking at my current brakes which are standard solid disc jobbys and it's not getting far off replacement time, however as i'm putting a F7p lump in around july time i am wondering if i go for EBC grooved discs and ebc green pads would they give me roughly the same amount of stopping power as standard 16valve brakes would? also if i am to put 16 valve discs on would i need to change the hubs too? I am trying to avoid paying for a set of discs twice and if the grooved ebc ones will do the same job as standard 16 valve ones i think this may be my cheaper option!

dannyt
09-03-2005, 08:57
No mate i doubt it, my old RT's brakes were turd in comparison to my valvers, it's well worth getting the 16v/williams brakes, think you'll only need the caliper and discs to be honest mate, but you may also want a bigger master cylinder if the valver one is bigger, which i think it is!

Or buy a valver mate for what your gonna spend the money on your Clio, insurance isn't too bad!

Rich
09-03-2005, 12:26
doing a conversion mate so getting a valver lump in :twisted: it's gonna work out cheaper for me with what i have on the car now and the condition to do a conversion as against buying a mint valver