PDA

View Full Version : tuners in the midlands

willy55
07-11-2005, 22:28
i know of hill power but does anyone know any othersnear coventry leamington i'm not board with the clio i just want it to do more so far its got a 3.5 inch scorpion cat back and a green induction kit but what else can i

a) do myself or

b) pay some one else to do cheaply

matty
07-11-2005, 22:55
I guess from post you have a williams? I'm from Kenilworth and don't know of many tuners around here, not any I would trust anyway.

Pete Scale in Leamington is a good mechanics. They did my clutch for 150 quid labour with me getting parts from GSF. They also fitted my supersprint manifold and done wheel bearings too. So for labour they are good.

Decat will add power but not pass MOT. Although MOT place near Pete Scale passes mine every time on emmissions. Think Lunner on here is from Stratford and he can sort you out a decat cheap.

Would recommend you get a Haynes manual if you haven't already. Check things like plugs, leads, dizzy cap and rotor arm. Anything that needs replacing replace and as a result you will have better spark and restore car to former glory. Additives like Forte Fuel System Treatment also good to ckean fuel system and injectors, just stick in tank of fuel and let it run through everything.

Chips and remaps tend to make car more drivable but expensive so only worth doing after mods like cams or headwork if you are going down that route. Got a BB chip on mine and it made car a lot more drivable.

Maybe ditching the Green open IK will give you better power. 1st thing I did on my valver was ditch the K&N it came with and replace with a BMC CDA and custom throttle body adaptor. Any sealed IK or even airbox with repalcement filter would be better than a open IK.

Better brakes help you stop better and give you greater confidence when pushing it. And coilovers are probably best upgrade up there with chip as power is one thing but handling is just as important.

Lunner
08-11-2005, 00:31
Fred has a mate that is around coventry/birmingham area that used to be a clio sup racer mechanic, very good and very cheap, Neil iirc.

You have hillpower at the top end of the M42

Also have Midlands performance centre in birmingham somewhere.

If you need any help withj anything i'm about 15/20 mins south of leamington, and i'm up in coventry most days to uni.

Can sort you a de-cat for £30 collected too

Mattie
08-11-2005, 11:26
Fred has a mate that is around coventry/birmingham area that used to be a clio sup racer mechanic, very good and very cheap, Neil iirc.

You have hillpower at the top end of the M42

Also have Midlands performance centre in birmingham somewhere.

If you need any help withj anything i'm about 15/20 mins south of leamington, and i'm up in coventry most days to uni.

Can sort you a de-cat for £30 collected too

if u speak 2 fred lunner can u find out sum more details please!?

im lukin 4 a gd place nr brum 2 take my car...i dont trust any1 round here! lol

matty
08-11-2005, 14:19
I's be interested too as although my local mechanic is great and cheap, will need somewhere who is good with setting up cams quite locally.

Lunner
08-11-2005, 15:52
Sure Fred will be on here at some point, usually stuff with him or organsied through Fred.

Mattie
08-11-2005, 17:24
is that his name on here?....fred?

Lunner
08-11-2005, 18:32
No, Fred2001dynamique from cliosport, Fred on here, its his mate who si the mechanic, the mechanic's name is Neil

Mattie
09-11-2005, 10:39
thanks lunner! ill check him out next time my cars ****d :D

smokey
10-11-2005, 00:39
Travel a bit further mate and give Andy@GDi a call or Ben@AWT

Fred
10-11-2005, 10:49
Neil is now mobile, so he will come out to you

as said above he's an ex cup race car mechanic, he knows them inside out

he's a busy fella though, and sometimes hard to get hold of

his mobile number is (tell him you know Fred etc) 07977412444