PDA

View Full Version : Front suspension on Willy

Anders
07-11-2005, 10:59
Guys,

Car went for MOT Saturday morning - after re-build is now complete. Anyways all is fine apart from one snag. It failed because the o/s front spring is rubbing on the inner arch when on full lock.

Now I got 2 new struts and springss from Reno, cause the old ones had snapped so I am a bit confused about why it is now rubbing. They have new top mounts also so there is now play there.

Are the springs the same o/s & n/s or are they handed?? I took the offending strut out complete with spring and compared to the other side. They are exactly the same!! Should they be the same, same part No.???

I am thinking Reno have done me over and supplied 2 n/s ones.

Also, if I now invest in some uprated jobbies, are there any available that come in std rideheight. I don't want it lowered! and before somebody says coilovers yes I know, but that is last resort as I have spent enough on the thing already!!

Cheers peeps

Anders
07-11-2005, 12:10
OK, kinda sorted now.

apparently the strut and springs are not handed..i.e. there are the same which ever side.

So do I order new struts n' springs from Reno, or go down the uprated road and try get a kit that doesn't lower my car??

MatBrown
07-11-2005, 15:48
Standard all the way, doesn't need messing with.

Mat.

Mattie
07-11-2005, 16:07
put it on its ass! :twisted: