PDA

View Full Version : Williamsclio @ Anglesea

kj16v
04-11-2005, 18:35
Was just flipping through the latest Performance GTI thinking 'they never have any Clio 1's in here', lo and behold there's a whole article full of them! My God some of you lot are ugly. Just joking! Great to see the club bein' reprazented. Definitely want to go to the next outing, as long as its not way-the-hell-up-North.
The thing that's put me off track days so far is: if you drive 'properly' will you definitely end up ruining a set of tyres in one day?

Andyvalver
04-11-2005, 18:43
Is this months out? I want it :D

Swervin_Mervin
04-11-2005, 18:43
Was just flipping through the latest Performance GTI thinking 'they never have any Clio 1's in here', lo and behold there's a whole article full of them! My God some of you lot are ugly. Just joking! Great to see the club bein' reprazented. Definitely want to go to the next outing, as long as its not way-the-hell-up-North.
The thing that's put me off track days so far is: if you drive 'properly' will you definitely end up ruining a set of tyres in one day?

Shouldn't do. You can overdrive though, which will fook them in no time.

Having done 2 now, I have a set of worn fronts for in future.

I'd also say small tracks like Anglesey are ideal for first timers as they take no time to learn where you are going, so you can concentrate on learning the car's limits and how much you can push it.

Haynes was a revelation for me, even after doing Anglesey.