PDA

View Full Version : blowing exhaust!!!

Mattie
03-11-2005, 17:02
was blowin abit about a month after i has the stainless and de-cat fitted....

now its real bad :( _Craig sealed it up 4 me wiv putty the weekend lastd for about a day though lol...

think its cumin from the bk box sumwhere....

wot else cd i try...i dont think theres any wholes in it, not that we can c any way!

Anders
03-11-2005, 17:48
Get it running, and jack the car up so you can get underneath easily.

Grab yourself a little piece of paper, and offer that up to where you think it is blowing from. If there is a leak the piece of paper will be blown over, if not it will stay the same.

Also, you can look for signs of black residue around the joining pieces, another sign of a leak.

Shouldn't be any holes though if its new, probably a dodgy joint or gasket, are all the bolts tightened OK?

Mattie
04-11-2005, 10:29
not sure if there tightened but ill check that 2moro!.....

lukd 4 black marks cant c any, will jack it up weekend agen though n wack sum more putty on it :)

o thanks 4 the paper trick, ill try it out!

VIPERONE
04-11-2005, 13:12
start car, get assistan to place a rag over the tail pipe, listen and look under vehicle for prominent blowing sounds and small droplets of liquid spititng out... joint s are usually to blame.

Mattie
04-11-2005, 13:53
cheers gunner! wil try this trick 2! :D

keep em cumin people!

willy3
04-11-2005, 15:19
usually blows at the corner section before it goes over the axle you should see some blackness or water dripping

ben_j
04-11-2005, 19:42
if its stainless its gauranteed so take it back?

JonnyK
05-11-2005, 19:34
bet its where the decat is! clios always blow from there!

Geezer
05-11-2005, 20:06
wait till next weekend harris, ive got a set of ramps that we can use and check it out properly.

we'll try what anders and gunnergibson has suggested, should be able to find it then!

Lunner
05-11-2005, 20:08
start car, get assistan to place a rag over the tail pipe, listen and look under vehicle for prominent blowing sounds and small droplets of liquid spititng out... joint s are usually to blame.

A rag? :roll:

What do you think god gave you hands for mate :P

Mattie
06-11-2005, 15:43
wait till next weekend harris, ive got a set of ramps that we can use and check it out properly.

we'll try what anders and gunnergibson has suggested, should be able to find it then!

yeye well sort it next weekend! along wiv all the other jobs we gota do! :shock:

u sorted urs yet craig?

VIPERONE
06-11-2005, 23:51
What do you think god gave you hands for mate :P

to strangle rsi owners..lol

yes a hand will suffice...

Lunner
07-11-2005, 00:02
:lol:

Just one hand lol, don't even wanna know what you'll be doing with the other :?