PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Dibble
31-10-2005, 22:19
How Do.

New to the williams scene, just bought my first about a week and a helf ago - v. impressed so far, feg niggly problems, but nothing more than to be expected with a 10yr old car!

Would appreciate any advice on exhausts, what oil to use and any simple engine mods.

Car has k&n, de-cat, and for some mad reason the previous owner put a powerflow exhaust on, which sounds horrible (hence the advice needed on how to remedy it!)

Cheers

Dibble

FATBOY
31-10-2005, 22:25
welcome to the site pal! get some pics up of your williams in the pictures and media section! what is it??? a 1, 2 or a 3???

big hp
31-10-2005, 22:49
Oh no we've got the dibble on the site. Watch what you say lads :wink:

Exhaust wise get yourself a magnex, i've got one and it sounds lovely, some people prefer the scorpion as its not much louder than a standard system but has the looks.

Oh and welcome.

Dibble
31-10-2005, 22:52
Soon as I get 5 mins, and a clear day to take pics I'm gonna.

Its a Williams 2, 98k, very tidy, lots of history, only bother with it is sunroof, annoyingly loud exhaust and a knock when I pull away (which am certain is exhaust!)

Has no rust at all, only very slight raise in the paint round the rear wiper arm.

I have a suspicion it may have had the arches painted as they are mint with no sign of rust at all - may be being sinical and its just good but?

Has had most of the major work done - uprated clutch, cambelt (no headgasket yet, but no signs of any worry there yet anyway!)

Cheers

Dibble

Dibble
31-10-2005, 22:57
Funny Guy!

I had a magnex on my valver years and years ago, and it sounded mint!

BUT - have had a qoute from AAS (Advanced Automotive Systems) in Newcastle (Upon Tyne), to build a full custom system, removing cat pipe, with any tailpipe design, and noise tailored to whatever I want (nice and quiet until 4.5k) for

£300

Sound ok?

He seems to know what he's talking about and had a few very nice cars in when I was there (Integrale, Mk3 Golf with TT Turbo conversion, sunny gtir rally car.........)

Wadda ya think?

Dibble

Justin..
31-10-2005, 22:59
hi

not to sure on the cat removal. you need it for M.O.T

Dibble
31-10-2005, 23:00
He did say he could sort it so that cat could be put back in for MOT - but at the moment I dont have one anyway - previous owner removed it and I bought from garage so I didnt get the cat with car?

Dibble

big hp
31-10-2005, 23:02
Williams 2 with a sunroof???????

Magnex would be cheaper than £300 fella.

Justin..
31-10-2005, 23:02
:shock: cat's are expensive iirc

Dibble
31-10-2005, 23:06
What do ya reckon I cud get a magnex full system for? And are they a simple fit - not cutting / wlelding needed? Including cat removal - as the existing pipe doesnt have flange bolts, its a slip on over the centre section pipework - proper sh*t job!

Do they not normally have a sunroof???

Reg is M469UGS if you wanna check it out - comes back as willy 2 on rac check, and has hpi docs etc etc? Hope I havent bought a ringer!?!?!?!

Dibble

Winston
31-10-2005, 23:11
Yo man!!!!!

Sunroofs where a factory opition on a willy 1/2

Dibble
31-10-2005, 23:14
Mint - thanks, thought i'd been scammed!

big hp
01-11-2005, 01:11
Yeh were a factory option but i've only ever seen 2 williams and 1 williams 2 before with a sunroof. Not a big deal though.

Sorry didn't mean to worry you :oops:

2 live
01-11-2005, 13:28
welcome to the club mate

if the powerflow sounds shit, take it back..it comes with a lifetime warranty.

altho im not sure if the warranty can be passed from owner to owner tbh, but even so.a brand new powerflow will cost u 250 from cat back, can be as loud or as quiet as u want it too.