PDA

View Full Version : PAS Pump Issue

Swervin_Mervin
31-10-2005, 12:27
I believe (having trawled dialogys) that the pump eurocarparts have given me is the pump from a K4M lump, going off the pictures of it.

Only thing is it doesn't show a flange on the K4M but the one they gave me does.

When the garage went o fit it everything went on fine. Bolted up ok, all connections fitted no trouble. Only issue was the pulley wouldn't fit on the shaft of the new one. It's about 1mm (poss. less) too small.

Obviously it could be bored out or I could get a pulley from a K4M to match assuming the dia is the same, but will it be ok to use?

The pump bit itself looks a bit looks a bit bigger.

Anders
31-10-2005, 17:33
The pulley on the shaft is a tolerance fit anyway. There is a centre bolt, but this is just to hold still while you tighten the 3 bolts for securing the pulley (stop it spinning when the engine's running).

You sure they have tried putting it on with a bit of force??

I needed a bearing pulley kit behind my pulley to get the swine off.

Just a thought....

Swervin_Mervin
31-10-2005, 17:37
Checked it all at lunch with Renault and it's all very different. The pump looks similar but is still well different. The flange on teh new one we couldn't find on dialogys. :?

The pump itself was from a K4 lump but none of the variants had a flange like the one I've got on the new one and no pulleys fitted.

I've just ordered a new one. Saves messing TBH.