PDA

View Full Version : Willwood 4 pot problems

edde
31-10-2005, 02:05
I didn't mean to have to post this on here but I cannot get the PM system to work my PCs the problem i think it keeps shutting down IE when I ask to post Mark a PM.

I've tried bleeding the brakes but the only way to get any fluid out of them it to loosen the bleed screws so much that the fluid is comming out from the threads themselves rarther than the top of the nipple.
Any idea whats wrong with them its all of them.

PS the car not moved for some time so maybe that something to do with it?
Can you just buy new bleed nipples? if so who from and how much if it does just need some new ones?

Rich
31-10-2005, 10:19
why not take them out and try putting a needle or something thin down it as there may be some shit stuck in the end causing it not to bleed

stan
31-10-2005, 11:34
yeah just remove to check if they are blocked. do they have 2 nipples on each caliper?? if so u need to do the outer on efirst THEN the inside one....

TriO`
31-10-2005, 11:41
do you have the same problem with both calipers??? if so, sounds a bit wierd

edde
31-10-2005, 12:54
I have the same problem on all the bleed nipples I think. Of the 6 or so I've tested all of them were the same.
There 8 nipples in total though 4 on each caliper

ben_j
31-10-2005, 18:43
have u opened all nipples at once? i had this same problem with mine, nightmare to bleed. in the end i took it to a garage with one of those machines that sucks the fluid thro at high pressure.

also have u taken the brake fluid cap off yea?

richy
31-10-2005, 19:35
sounds like the nipple is just blocked up mate, try cleaning them if not swap the blocked nipple to the bottom of which ever caliper, iirc u dont have to bleed these calipers from the bottom, it just has 4 niples on each as the caliper can be used either way up, just helps with bleeding

edde
31-10-2005, 20:38
have u opened all nipples at once? i had this same problem with mine, nightmare to bleed. in the end i took it to a garage with one of those machines that sucks the fluid thro at high pressure.

also have u taken the brake fluid cap off yea?
I was using a pressurised thingie on the brake reservior.
WIll have to see if there dirty this weekend if I can get down to the garage.

ben_j
31-10-2005, 20:42
oh and y are u bleeding them exactly? just wondering cus i thought mine needed it and they didnt. turned out even tho there was loads of pad left they pads had glazed and changing them made an immense difference!

edde
31-10-2005, 23:15
oh and y are u bleeding them exactly? just wondering cus i thought mine needed it and they didnt. turned out even tho there was loads of pad left they pads had glazed and changing them made an immense difference!
I was trying to bleed them as I've flipped the seals in the master cylinder and the Renault tech I know said he's flipped them back uping that pressuring kit before so I thourght I'd give it a go as its cheaper than a new £80 master cylinder. However it didn't work so its a new cylinder time but I'll still need to bleed them.