PDA

View Full Version : Valver Death

Coops
30-10-2005, 15:27
My vavler died today! just went and got my steering column welded up and what happens? half way there it starts making a horrible noise as am accelerating and stuttering and spluttering on tick over! reckon a sensor or somehthings gone as the engine management has obviosly cut into emergency get me home mode cuz the cars still runs....just! i tried the obvious one of water in the injection computer but not that, so i aint got a clue which sensor it is likely to be or where? is this a job for renault? i'd rather not you see but i need the car and soon!!!!

any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Coops

Dancliovalver
30-10-2005, 16:09
i know when my clutch exploded it took the crank position sensor with it and that stopped the car fullstop!!!!!

tricky
30-10-2005, 16:19
HI! This is my first post :) :)

I would say it's either lambda sensor or the map sensor or their wiring/pipework

Slithers
30-10-2005, 18:09
My vavler died today! just went and got my steering column welded up and what happens? half way there it starts making a horrible noise as am accelerating and stuttering and spluttering on tick over! reckon a sensor or somehthings gone as the engine management has obviosly cut into emergency get me home mode cuz the cars still runs....just! i tried the obvious one of water in the injection computer but not that, so i aint got a clue which sensor it is likely to be or where? is this a job for renault? i'd rather not you see but i need the car and soon!!!!

any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Coops

CAT or water in the plug wells i reackon, piece of piss to check both also.

Andyvalver
30-10-2005, 18:19
:shock: Why dont you try posting this in every section of the forum! :wink:

Coops
30-10-2005, 18:32
worked thp andy mate, got more varied replies to the post by postin everywhere, i know it aint strictly cricket but this is a crisis!!!

if its the cat i take it whip it off n see what happens?

i know i stuck this cat on since i got the car and it ran okay before hand.checked the plug wells n all, all seem okay bit of oil tho?that normal or not?

Coops
30-10-2005, 18:38
oh n wheres the map sensor? the lambda is on the exhaust down pipe aint it?

Slithers
31-10-2005, 01:10
worked thp andy mate, got more varied replies to the post by postin everywhere, i know it aint strictly cricket but this is a crisis!!!

if its the cat i take it whip it off n see what happens?

i know i stuck this cat on since i got the car and it ran okay before hand.checked the plug wells n all, all seem okay bit of oil tho?that normal or not?

Well when you get too much crap in one of the plug wells (water or oil) your car starts misfiring and sounds like a 10 litre V8 on tickover, it will move but very slowly.

When the CAT goes you get an amazing loss of power, the car sort of revs a bit then stalls, and generally doesnt want to do much at all really.