PDA

View Full Version : is this dodgy?

derv
30-10-2005, 13:36
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y1/derv1980/ebay.jpg

big hp
30-10-2005, 13:44
Thats a lot of money for a engine and box mate.

Andyvalver
30-10-2005, 13:50
Not sure mate. Ive had one like that and i responded and they emailed me but it didnt seem right so i pulled out. I wanted to go and pick up the item myself but they insisted they will post it. I said its no trouble for me to collect and save myself £30 postage. They wouldnt let me come though :evil: ****ed em off

derv
30-10-2005, 13:58
tis a lot of money but im sick of waitin now lol, dont think i'll respond to that one, i checked out the name nudedog26 and it came up with good e-bayer but its not the same name as who is selling the engine, so somethin about it just dosent look right.

Dancliovalver
30-10-2005, 14:08
well if a person pulls out of the sale you can have the option of a "second chance offer" if you are the seller and you get an email like this through, it mite be worth emailing the guy if you are interested!!!
basically what ever you put in as the highest bid, thats how much the second chance offer will be on a "buy it now" policy!!!!
sorry spend too much time on ebay sellin stuff :oops:

big hp
30-10-2005, 14:09
speak to nick @ hillpower, he's usually got a couple of williams engines laying about.

derv
30-10-2005, 14:25
yeah ive spoke to nick a few times over the last couple of months (probably sick of me calling now lol) said he'd contact me when he got one in

tricky
30-10-2005, 16:29
That's deffo dodgy mate.

There's loads of scams going around now where other people see items that have sold and try to get you to paypal them cash

derv
30-10-2005, 17:42
yeah thats what put me off, its not the original seller who has sent me that message, i have sent a message to the original seller to see if the message sent is genuine or not!

Andyvalver
30-10-2005, 17:59
tis a lot of money but im sick of waitin now lol, dont think i'll respond to that one, i checked out the name nudedog26 and it came up with good e-bayer but its not the same name as who is selling the engine, so somethin about it just dosent look right.

I had that too. A different name to the seller :?

Slithers
30-10-2005, 18:15
Its bollocks mate, when the person who outbidded you cant complete the transaction you should recieve an e-mail entitled "you have recieved a second chance offer on ____________ "

You can report it to ebay here:

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/safetycentre/index.html

And they will confirm wether it is a scam or not (which it more than liekly is)

Craig
30-10-2005, 19:33
^^ what he said! its dodgy as fuk that!

NickFr
30-10-2005, 20:49
Thats what those two Rumanian blokes have just been locked up for...scams like this!

VIPERONE
30-10-2005, 21:12
it probably means his mate was bidding on another account and won it ..no intention of keeping it;

FATBOY
30-10-2005, 21:15
could be a scam! but isnt the engine collect only??? and you would only part with your dollar when you pick it up?

LEIGH-ANNE
30-10-2005, 21:55
the way to tell whether its dodgy or not, is at the top of the email, if its dodgy there will be a yellowy/beige box going all the way from left to right. It will say this sender could not be verified!! This will not show if its from ebay its self. A scammer will never press the 'contact mamber' button on your own profile they will try to find your address another way. If there are any links in the page press them and wait to see what cums up. The REAL ebay site will obviuosly cum up www.ebay.signinblahblahblah, but a fake one will show www.253.456.322.ebaysigninblahblah in the address bar.

Always make sure a site DOES NOT show numbers like this first and it wont be fake.

hope this helps

Justin..
30-10-2005, 23:50
dont click links :shock: Go direct to ebay site, NEVER clicks links in suspicious emails

LEIGH-ANNE
31-10-2005, 14:06
thats true but if your not adding any details after u click the link it wont be a prob, its just to find out wot the address is really

either that or look in 'my messages' in the ebay section

TA
01-11-2005, 22:37
its defo smells abit fishey

probably the highest bidder is somone who was just bidding it up ( known to the seller )

ive seen people that buy loads of stuff off each other! genius! for 1p!

and these engines are just a joke price wise!

Justin..
01-11-2005, 22:41
not uncommon for some one to have 2 ebay accounts either to ''bid-up'' items

derv
01-11-2005, 23:05
yeah i sent a message to the original seller asking if that messege was genuine or not, and he hasnt sent one back. they are all feckin dodgy, the other williams engine for sale the seller had no feedbk and also wanted cash on collection.

TA
02-11-2005, 01:12
with the silly prices people pay for the just engines, i bet some scum get the idea to nick and break willys ( owch )

ebay is a hive of scammers!
:roll: