PDA

View Full Version : Respray

summeh
08-03-2005, 00:45
My willy ain't got a perfect paint job, but it seems to be better than some. It has some rust on the sil and rear arches, that have both been repaired in the past and the rust is coming back. Few scratches around the place and the odd door ding.

I've got some money to spend on fixing it all up, do you guys think it is worth a full respray? Prolly got about 2k to spend.

Basically should I just fix the panels that need it, and have the paint blended with whats already there? (lots of microscratches anyway), or should I go for the full respray?

If going for the full respray I'd be worried about the colour matching the original, how good are body shops at matching their own mixed paint? Would it be better quality than the original Reno paint job?

I'd be using a body shop back home in Suffolk and I know the guy does good work as he's done 2 of my dads cars previously, he does restoration work etc, obviously I'd go and see his work/speak to him about it anyway before I make a choice.

Should get all this sorted by the time FCS comes up aswell.

Would be good to hear what you guys think... Daz I already know what you think mate :D

KingStromba
08-03-2005, 00:48
Can a respray be any worse than Renos original paint???? Im not being funny, but Renault arnt exactly known for their paint finish quality.

Id say if you trust the body shop then do it.

But remember that it will be a different colour. Most of the Williams' fade over time, so a respray will give it its original dark hue. But thats a good thing.

If nothing needs doing on the engine, then use the money on the body work.

And get the wheels done too.

KingStromba
08-03-2005, 00:49
Maybe speak to Paul Mitchell, he has just resprayed a Williams. Get some advice off him.

summeh
08-03-2005, 01:06
The money has been set aside by a third party specifically for sorting the body work out.... so this is totally seperate from any engine work that will be done later on :)

KingStromba
08-03-2005, 01:18
What you wasting time talking to me for then? Get it booked in :D

summeh
08-03-2005, 01:29
:)

dannyt
08-03-2005, 08:45
yer a full respray would be awsome!

i just get worried ill scratch it again!!!

I'd go for it!

NickFr
08-03-2005, 11:22
SPEND...SPEND....SPEND Then post the pics 8) if you got it flaunt it!!