PDA

View Full Version : Crashed williams update.......

big hp
29-10-2005, 18:46
Well after much deliberation i've decided to repair the car. Looking around theres nothing else that I fancy. The car will be recorded as a total loss (uneconomic repair) but that won't matter as i'll never sell it. BUT i'll get lots of photos showing various stages of the repair to put with the history to show its been done properly.

Its going to cost me £2100 for the bodywork, plus a wheel refurb to repair the one scraped wheel caused by crash.

Hopefully she'll be back to her former glory in next few weeks. Won't get used much as i've got a R plate Astra as my everyday car now, so should keep the mileage and condition spot on.

MatBrown
29-10-2005, 19:14
But should be able to get it fixed for less.

Mat.

big hp
29-10-2005, 19:56
Can you help me out and give me some details etc then please Mat?

Gav
29-10-2005, 21:04
u got any pics of it at the moment fella?

wilyolddave
29-10-2005, 21:49
:D Great news hope to see the minter up and running soon!! 8) Def the right decision!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:

Coops
29-10-2005, 22:26
yeah mate, pics would be sweet!

Louise
30-10-2005, 01:12
excellent. Would be brilliant to see the car back to her former glory :D

I'm getting Williams withdrawal symptoms now lol. I'll defo have another one day 8)

u33db
30-10-2005, 09:50
It'd be something else to see it back to its previous condition but TBH i think you're doing the wrong thing.

Regardless of how much you love it you will have sell it one day and then theres the cost of the repair - why shell out more money when you could have another identical one for less hassle and less money? I'd break it...sad to say but that way your not being pushed further into debt.

Remember; no matter how much people say your doing the right thing its your money thats being spent, not theirs. It also not like it can't be replaced either...

NickFr
30-10-2005, 10:18
u33db has made some good points, however to me, you will end up with a car that you know is in fantastic condition bodywork wise and mechanically. You will have a great feeling of satisfaction when you see the end result!!

Zollo
30-10-2005, 10:49
yeah mate, pics would be sweet!

Just here mate...

http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6744

Zollo
30-10-2005, 10:52
I reckon you're doing the right thing. I'm no car engineer, but to me it looks clear that the damage hasn't done anything to affect the way the car drives at all, and that's the most important thing. So long as you're not out of pocket after all this, then you haven't really lost.

£2100 seems very steep to fix it though :?

FATBOY
30-10-2005, 11:34
follow ya heart mate! and good luck!

big hp
30-10-2005, 12:32
It'd be something else to see it back to its previous condition but TBH i think you're doing the wrong thing.

Regardless of how much you love it you will have sell it one day and then theres the cost of the repair - why shell out more money when you could have another identical one for less hassle and less money? I'd break it...sad to say but that way your not being pushed further into debt.

Remember; no matter how much people say your doing the right thing its your money thats being spent, not theirs. It also not like it can't be replaced either...

The insurance payout will cover the repairs though fella so debt won't come into it.

Buying another williams doesn't appeal to me, better the devil you know and all that.

Trust me when I say you won't find another williams like mine very easily, i love the car and the previous owner did too so condition is spot on. I can honestly say theres not one thing wrong with the car. Be a shame to break a car like that.

Slithers
30-10-2005, 13:46
2100 seems very very steep for that.

Id be expectin to pay around the 1500 mark to repair that sort of damage

northy
31-10-2005, 09:48
good lad scott, these williams love intresting historys....im now in the club :D

big hp
31-10-2005, 15:45
good lad scott, these williams love intresting historys....im now in the club :D

LOL

These "interesting" historys means we'll have to keep them forever now though northy, no big problem there then.

Swervin_Mervin
31-10-2005, 15:51
Good choice to keep it IMO.

a: Better the devil you know

b: if you did sell it it will most likely be to a fellow enthusiast. A fellow enthusiast would not be arsed about write off status if there are pictures showing why and what has been done. I mean it will have a new 3/4; so what; how many haven't through rust anyway?

northy
31-10-2005, 16:14

LOL

These "interesting" historys means we'll have to keep them forever now though northy, no big problem there then.

TRUE - Ive never bought a car yet that i still dont own.

big hp
31-10-2005, 16:32
I can't wait to get my car back on the road. missed it so much. Not driven it since 3rd of september :cry: Going over to bodyshop in a bit to book it in, then i'm going to ring GDI when it comes back with regards to cams :twisted: Will feel like a rocket after using my 1.6 astra in the week for work LOL

2 live
31-10-2005, 16:34

LOL

but uv only bought 1.......lol

Winston
02-11-2005, 04:24
Good to hear it's coming back to it's former glory ...The right thing to do imo

Im never selling mine lol

Andy
02-11-2005, 08:13

LOL

but uv only bought 1.......lol

gets given cars my brother cough parents :evil:

Daz.
02-11-2005, 18:07
Good to hear it's coming back to it's former glory ...The right thing to do imo

Im never selling mine lol

thats me and thee then!