PDA

View Full Version : whos had cams and verniers fitted?

bigjim
27-10-2005, 00:10
as above fitted to a williams? wondering what sort of difference it made to how the car drives? ie noticable power hike? costs a far whack and want to know if people who have had it done think its money well spent. cheers.

FlamingMonkey
27-10-2005, 09:08
I have Kent cams and pulleys, noticed a difference when they were run on standard timing, but the car was very un-drivable, really hard to keep it alive, think just me has had this problem, as Jesus runs stadard pulleys fine.

Once I had them timed on Kent Pulleys, I noticed almost no difference to standard, well not much anyway, car seemed to come alive after a remap, could definatly tell the difference, much more drivable after the remap, but not amy more so than standard, just quicker.

Dancliovalver
27-10-2005, 10:01
ive had em in the valver mate, piper fast road cams and vernier pulleys!!!
made alot of difference for me, hillpower have set them up for top end use, so it still pulls like a train after 90 and can push 150, but mite have em reset for bottom end use soon, see what the difference is!!

richy
27-10-2005, 10:09
i use to have kent cams with verniers, when cold mine wouldnt idle wether timed to the spec or at std timing, but 2lives/jesus would on std pulleys, once warm it was better every now n then it would cut out, power wise in 1st n 2nd couldnt really tell tbh, but top end of third and 4th gear seemed to pull stronger, had to sell them due to debt, wish i still had them now :(

2 live
27-10-2005, 12:58
i had the kents cams n pullies too

had no problems wotsoever with the idle , b4 or after map, set to tdc or as near as dam it, cams only i wasnt even sure there was a diffrence tbh, i took 0.2 off me std 1/4 time, but it was wen i compared to other cars that settled my mind, i was a little quicker from 60> than the other williams'.

when i had it mapped was when i saw the REAL gains, hehe...turned it from a lazy unit to a fire breathing scooby killing animal.

until they failed.......and fukt the cams and head.....lol

be wary of the make of cams u use.

they are definately worth the money, and the gains top end are unreal, iv lost count of the no. of williams iv absolutely annihilated over 80, even got to the point when comparing, id give them a car length+ start just to give them a bit of a chance...........i always passed em b4 100 tho :wink:

J o n
27-10-2005, 13:10
can confirm the above... i've been a victim of the "go on then ya twat, have a 2 car start... muhahahahaha!!!!" and then 2 live comes past almost straight away... :cry:

as for cams as everyone knows, i'm well happy with mine and was much much quicker than standardish Willy's at Donny... best thing would be to go out in somone who has a know fast car on cams, if your local to me i'll happily take you out for a blast. currently without chip it's slightly quicker than a modded Williams, but once mapped it chews Scooby's, would say it would be AT LEAST as quick as a 280bhp Classic on the move.

VIPERONE
27-10-2005, 13:37
i have cams on standard pullies... cant comment, as i changed the bottom end to 2.0l..lol i just know they are custom grinds and differ in shape and lift to standard,..lol.

richy
27-10-2005, 14:28
the jesus are yours still on std pulleys?

bigjim
27-10-2005, 20:12
so if i went for awt cams and pulleys im going to have to fork out another £400 ish for a remap, ie dastek or smt6 to see real gains. :cry:

2 live
27-10-2005, 23:05
forget the limited no. of places that can map the dastek, and the inability of the smt6 to up the limiter without another add on.

for REAL gains from ur ecu...chip wizards evry time imo

bigjim
27-10-2005, 23:41
hill power do a stage 2 chip for to compliment their headwork and cams/pulleys. maybe i could just upgrade my stage 1 chip for their stage 2 chip instead.

Dancliovalver
28-10-2005, 07:25
yeah i had a stage one chip in the valver from hillpower, i was running with an exhaust, air filter and chip
then when i had the cams and everything else done i upgraded straight away to a stage 2 chips, seems to make alot of difference!!!

J o n
28-10-2005, 08:17
the jesus are yours still on std pulleys?

at the moment yeah, gonna get the verniers fitted in Jan I think... then it's remap time :twisted: