PDA

View Full Version : warrenty question!!

Mattie
24-10-2005, 13:39
just sumthin which has been puzling me so thought id see what people thought!....

when i pickd my car up from the garage after a new gear box n clutch the guy gave me the receipt etc and sed "its got a 1 yr or 12k mile warrenty, which ever cums 1st, AS LONG AS YOU DONT THRASH IT"

am i right in thinkin that i am alloud 2 thrash it as the box shud av been recond 2 withstand this.....or can i only drive it "normaly" - no hittin the limiter :( or i will recieve jack shit if it breaks????

im confused!!!! :?

Mooseman
24-10-2005, 13:52
Sounds like he is either having some fun with you or a bit of weirdo - nobody can reasonably give you a warranty that can be voided based on your driving. how you drive is your business and no-one else's, aside from maybe the cozzers if you are being a naughty boy :wink:

clutch should last well in excess of 40k and gear box 80k - if you manage to do either of them any damage before 1 yr/12k i'd be very surpised and then blame the mechanic for doing a shit job.

Mattie
24-10-2005, 14:21
lol just dont wana rag it brake it then not get any money bk cuz theyv plugd my car in n saw that its been "accidently" hittin the limiter :lol: