PDA

View Full Version : Willy 3 still for sale :-(

davesilvera
23-10-2005, 19:21
Hi all - my willy 3 is still for sale - now only £4200 - 28K just mot'd and serviced - have just put it on auto trader SW west region
Looks great, drives great - wheels refurbed, body reprayed (a mistake i know...dont rub it in!!)
website www.davidsilvera.co.uk

For more info - I did post more details here a while ago..

Dave

Gav
23-10-2005, 19:29
thats a smart lookin willy that, well worth the askin price!

lewis_willy2
24-10-2005, 18:08
how clean :D

if only my insurance wasnt such a BIG prob

willy3ams
11-11-2005, 23:10
why do you think respraying it was a mistake. it looks awesome!
i just bought one for 2800 and i wish i had yours.
has it really done 28k?
sorry for the silly questions but I may consider viewing this.
Jason

katbloke
13-11-2005, 13:07
This the one for sale in Minehead? If so it looks really clean, use to see it on my way making deliveries to the hospital.

Jamie.
16-11-2005, 00:26
ffs all u ****ers make me feel like my willy 3 has the highest mileage in the world! im on 80k near enough already :cry:

BigBoreBri
16-11-2005, 19:00
Mines of 36k... sorry mate :wink:

proxis
28-11-2005, 01:19
Is this still for sale?

MatBrown
28-11-2005, 11:42
I believe it is sold now.

Mat.

Daz
02-12-2005, 20:59
:D

Good car, and it's gone to a good home I'm sure!

Can't believe it didn't sell quicker!

willy3ams
06-12-2005, 00:58
daz would you buy a williams that was sprayed sports blue by mistake?
seen it driven it decided not to buy....
willy3ams

Daz
06-12-2005, 15:57
daz would you buy a williams that was sprayed sports blue by mistake?
seen it driven it decided not to buy....
willy3ams

No.

But then, this car wasn't Sports Blue.. :?
It was also a very very good price for the car, IMO.

willy3ams
06-12-2005, 16:06
well it certainly was not monaco 432 i know it well being a designer.
everyone agreed even the garage i went to where all the servicing was done on it.

On close inspection the boot/bonnet and trim were not fitted properly - you could even run your finger in the panels until it clamps your finger.
there where parts of the car that were not even sprayed - they forgot.
The gold on the wheels was not right.

Further more it was not fsh there was a gap. of 2yrs/ the power steering pump sounded a little suspect / the tyres where budget tyres/ and underneath the car it was caked in mud like it had lived on a farm.

so in my opinion no it was not worth it.

northy
06-12-2005, 16:16
my two pence worth - i had pictures before the respray and tbh i would have bought it then, only for the mileage, but it was very dirty / battle scared. I dont think the damage warranted a full respray but looking at the finished pictures the car looked very good.

MatBrown
06-12-2005, 16:26
I am pretty sure is was 432 Monaco Blue and the amount i have seen i should know, i will post a pic of it next to one of my 449 willys and let everyone be the judge.
The Panel gap would be down to the fact it's a Renault, and not some £60k luxury car, the bonnet had definatley never been off which is why i was suspect about the cambelt being changed. These can be adjusted to the best position available.
Granted, the respray was not one of the best but i have seen a lot worse.
The gold on the wheels is never right on a refurb, easy fix, buy some new ones from Renault. Tyres were not that low budget but was disappointed the spare had been used.
There was no stamps missing from the service book but there might have been a longer gap between services due the low miles covered.
PAS was fine.
He told everyone it used to live on a farm, which is why he had the respray.

The new buyer is extremely happy with the car and has got a complete bargain, they will be able to sell in years to come and not loose a penny.

Mat.

MatBrown
06-12-2005, 16:27
You also forgot to mention the silver rim was incorrect on the wheels.

Mat.

Daz
06-12-2005, 16:31
And the sticker was slightly misplaced on the nearside rear quarter. :wink:

We spent over an hour looking at it - I don't think we missed anything 8)

northy
06-12-2005, 16:31
The new buyer is extremely happy with the car and has got a complete bargain, they will be able to sell in years to come and not loose a penny.

Mat.

Av you bought yet another motor mat ???? Good lad if you have mate

Im impressed !

MatBrown
06-12-2005, 16:33

Mat.

Av you bought yet another motor mat ???? Good lad if you have mate

Im impressed !

Not for me mate.
Friends Girlfriend wanted it.

Mat.

willy3ams
06-12-2005, 16:46
if you look at the lip of the panelwork i.e the outside to the inside of the door frame you will see where the colour was blended. monaco 432 with a more purple sports blue. David Silvera acknowledged this whilst i was there. Just for the record I spray a bit myself.
The tailgate had definately been taken off when i saw it as i pointed out the movement in the positioning to david. and the plastic covers that hide the bolts had not been replaced.

I would say this. The car is v.good! there's no doubt about it.
It mechanically very sound and drives very well.
I agree it will keep its money very well. I was just not prepared to re-spray the whole car again and put it back to its former glory.
Instead i decided to keep mine much to the disgrace of people wanting to buy it ..... sorry about that.. :?

Rest assured the mileage is genuine. I checked with the garage and they even printed every bit of history they had for the future owner whilst i was there. I grilled them on everything.

Who ever has this car its a good en :D

willy3ams
06-12-2005, 16:55
guys who ever has the car tell them the camblet needs a change its now bang on 5 years. :roll:

MatBrown
06-12-2005, 17:29
It is already booked in, as i'm still not convinced it's been done at all.

Mat.

MatBrown
06-12-2005, 17:30
Oh,

And i'm a Paintsprayer at Triumph.

Mat.

big hp
06-12-2005, 19:13
Good lad Mat.

FATBOY
06-12-2005, 23:05
ffs all u f**k**s make me feel like my willy 3 has the highest mileage in the world! im on 80k near enough already :cry:[color

stop moaning!!!! im on 97K but shes running as smooth as ever!!!!