PDA

View Full Version : Noises!!!!

dannyt
22-10-2005, 19:27
I went to pick up my refurbed wheels today about 50 miles from me and I started to notice that when I was coming to a stop, I could here a funny noise when i was braking like a clunk, clunk, clunk, only slight, like the pads moving in the calipers, has anyone got any ideas what it might be?

It's difficult to describe but any help would be great?

Cheers

Danny

Rich
22-10-2005, 19:28
check you calipers are tight on the hub cos this happened to me and it was a loose caliper bolt

dannyt
22-10-2005, 19:46
Good thinking Rich, ill have a look!

Gav
22-10-2005, 22:05
i had the loose calliper bolt problem, thing was it came out while driving on a main road, but, i aint gonna keep my car off the road until i get a new one, so stopped my car [in a conveneant (cant spell that word) place and walked up the road to find it, doging all the traffic, got it back tho, t'was scary driving up to my unit to but it back in tho

Dibble
25-10-2005, 00:31
Hiya

New to the 'WILLIAMS CLIO SCENE'!

I have just bought my first williams (as a toy!) (although have had valver and a 172 before).

Apart from the leaking sunroof porblem, which I expected, I have encountered the following problems and would be mega grateful if anyone could shed some light:

When pulling away from a stand still there is a knocking noise from the from / underneath of the car? This is also when I come to a stand still? Any ideas? Could it be engine mounts / exhaust?

ALSO, the previous owner, for reasons unknown to me, decided to put a Powerflow exhaust on the car, it sounds like a nova (no offense to nova owners!) Are the williams really loud anyway, or is it just the exhaust? I had a magnex on my valver and dont remember it being this loud?

Last thing - does anyone know of a good garage to get it serviced at in the north east of england?

Many many thanks
:?

summeh
25-10-2005, 08:45
your williams shouldnt be any louder than a valver with the same exhaust. you'll find its the powerflow making all the racket, does it have a decat?

knocking is more than likely the exhaust, does it happen when you change gears or start to reverse, or start to idle?

Dibble
25-10-2005, 17:53
Yep it has a decat - guess this adds to the noise!

No noise when I change gear or idle, only when I pull away or stop / brake heavily!

Sounds like its coming from the back of the engine?

Lunner
25-10-2005, 19:04
Also chekc the dogbone mount

VIPERONE
25-10-2005, 22:52
check the down pipe is not resting on the steering rack or is not near...check mounts, check baffles in silencer.

Lunner
26-10-2005, 08:03
Back to the orignal post, make sure you have done the wheel bolts up tight, i had this on mine, and i had forgotten to tighten the wheel bolts on one wheel :oops:

Swervin_Mervin
26-10-2005, 10:37
Back to the orignal post, make sure you have done the wheel bolts up tight, i had this on mine, and i had forgotten to tighten the wheel bolts on one wheel :oops:

Done that before! :P

Got half a mile down the road before wondering what the hell that funny noise was and then thought "oh you dick, you didn't tighten the bolts up!" :oops:

Lunner
26-10-2005, 10:56
I got about 10 miles, doing 80 down the d/c