PDA

View Full Version : Second hand tyres

Mooseman
20-10-2005, 17:46
Bought some second hand Eagle F1s for fitting after finishing at Dony off ebay - bargain I thought - done 500miles and got two for £100, a saving of about £80.

However, the tyre fitting guys at the track could not get them balanced 100% and said the tyres were a little fvcked up. Impressively they worked on for over 45 mins and got them close but still out. As a result there is some minor vibration at the rear (remember, its the rex, rwd)

now, I have spoken to the seller on a few occasions and initially he said he'd send me back £50 as he's in Leeds, too far to mess about to return, and I thought this was fair. But now he has changed his mind and says its my wheels that are causing the problem and the track guys are wrong :?

obviously he's had an argument with the battle axe over sending back a partial refund and has been told to come up with a good excuse cos he knew i'd call back when no check arrived - he even tried the 'you got a good deal, i lost money on those tyres' routine :roll:

I have had little experience with this kind of situation, and funnily enough the seller sold them as they were the wrong tyres for his porsche *cough* boxter. The guys at the track said he could easily have dinged them or overloaded the tyres during his limited use :evil:

i am thinking i'll take them somewhere else to see if they can balance them, and go from there. at the end of the day its not muchos dollars but more the principal.

Mattie
20-10-2005, 19:03
i thought eagle f1s were only around £50 new any way? :?

take them bk 2 his adress m8, if e dont pay up kick him in the face then rob the wheels off his car! :D

kj16v
21-10-2005, 17:46
BAD FEEDBACK!!
IMO some used car parts just aren't worth buying in auctions. Tyres, shocks, turbos, whole cars even.

Zollo
21-10-2005, 17:49
i thought eagle f1s were only around £50 new any way? :?

Coming from a Porsche Boxster, I doubt they'll be 195/55/15s :wink:

J o n
21-10-2005, 17:53
yeah, Boxters are on 14's aint they? :lol: