PDA

View Full Version : What gains?

Plattsy
20-10-2005, 15:14
What gains am i looking at with a supersprint manifold for a valver, decat pipe, ktec cat back system, and a viper IK, what gains am i looking at over standard valver hybrid power, (williams2 engine)
Cheers
Craig

Zollo
20-10-2005, 15:20
Ten brake, or a few tenths off your quarter mile, I'd guess...

northy
20-10-2005, 15:27
nar - if you need a real good manifold back system to get the best out of a manifold change - i recon 3bhp - 5bhp gain.

neilc
20-10-2005, 15:40
Mine has a Magnex cat back system, magnex de-cat, piper induction kit and that got 144bhp last time.

Plattsy
20-10-2005, 15:50
whats that on a valver though?
Ive got the parts i just need to get them fitted jus wondering what gains id see over standard, ktec have a proven 7bhp from the manifold, then theres the decat, rest of the exhaust system and a viper IK which last time i checked claimed 10bhp(bollocks) increase.
Id be happy with it though, aparently standard the car was running 162bhp without any modifications

bigjim
20-10-2005, 21:57
and who told u a standard williams engine is putting out 162bhp?? no chance, doubt u would see that power with the mods youve mentioned either. forget the 7bhp from the manifold too been talked about many a time on here already.

Plattsy
21-10-2005, 05:59
The rolling road printout told me 162bhp and 135bhp at the wheels when i got the car. I dont care tbh its going to be better than with standard items anyway. i might take it up on the rollers and have a look.
Next will be cams and pullies and headwork me thinks!

Lunner
21-10-2005, 07:42
Don't forget, amny high milage, standard cars will be running down on std power.

My RSi, whihc has had a very hard life, and is on 125k is runnign std power, according to 2 seperate rolling road read outs, thats with a relocated filer, de-cat and straight through system

neilc
21-10-2005, 08:28
whats that on a valver though?
Ive got the parts i just need to get them fitted jus wondering what gains id see over standard, ktec have a proven 7bhp from the manifold, then theres the decat, rest of the exhaust system and a viper IK which last time i checked claimed 10bhp(bollocks) increase.
Id be happy with it though, aparently standard the car was running 162bhp without any modifications

well standard they are 137bhp so that is a 7 bhp increase for all that.

and my clio is still under 100k JUST lol

Plattsy
21-10-2005, 12:14
ill have to get it on some rollers somewhere then see what it reads at. at the end of the day i know it will be better than standard airbox, manifold and removing the cat! But by how much is to be seen

J o n
21-10-2005, 12:35
Don't forget, amny high milage, standard cars will be running down on std power.

rubbish, there are plenty of high milers running over standard power. my 70 odd thousand mile engine made more than standard power and was strong as **** until the oil pump failed. the wear on the F7 engines in minimal, its the bits around them that usually fail in time. PK's valver had 90+k on it... it was faster than a supposed fast 172 than we both gave a hiding to on the way to paintball the other year. It depends on the car and who's driven it, but i think the high mile engines are at least as fast, some are quicker.

Jamie.
21-10-2005, 13:54
Mine has a Magnex cat back system, magnex de-cat, piper induction kit and that got 144bhp last time.

so is that a cat or not :?

richy
21-10-2005, 14:01
he means it has a magnex cat back system and a decat so its a decatted system lol