PDA

View Full Version : FAO Martin

Dancliovalver
16-10-2005, 20:08
ayup mate nice to meet ya at pod, did you run any decent times in your last few runs????

did you see craigs valver being towed away, i noticed people were trying to bump start it lol

Craig
16-10-2005, 21:38
yeh i had a dodgy connection on my fuel pump in the end!! sorted it near the exit and drove home fine!

:)

who were you matey?

Dancliovalver
16-10-2005, 21:41
sorry mate i didnt come over and introduce myself to ya, i didnt know who was who and didnt wanna make a fool out of myself lol.......should have done though!
your car looks awsome mate really like it!!!!
Martin sed u didnt get chance to run it, Shame

Dancliovalver
16-10-2005, 21:46
did u see that flip paint GTT along with the red GTT and the MGZR with the big green stick on the side..........me and simon edwards were racin them home!!!!!!

can c why they were runnin mid 15s :wink:

Craig
16-10-2005, 21:48
thats ok mate, i know what its like when u dont know someone hehe!

cheers! i've got a few plans coming into play soon, so its gonna be looking a little different inside and out :)

watch this space!

Craig
16-10-2005, 21:49
did u see that flip paint GTT along with the red GTT and the MGZR with the big green stick on the side..........me and simon edwards were racin them home!!!!!!

can c why they were runnin mid 15s :wink:

hehe ace!!! that 5 looked too low on the back!

some rapid cars there tho, u see the type r running high 12's!!

Dancliovalver
16-10-2005, 21:54
yeah that was nice!!!!

all the RS turbos sounded dead rowdy, but as soon as they got on the strip they just didnt go anywhere.....really makes me laugh :lol:

them 8sec drag bikes were fast, n martin did pretty well too, saw him anialate that VR6

Martin
17-10-2005, 20:48
Good to meet you fella, I wondered who you lot were checking my car out . :lol:

That VR6 was waaank lol 15.8 or summut....did a couple of 14.3 best . Last run of the day was a 14.30 some vids in media now...

Dancliovalver
17-10-2005, 21:28
i didnt see you againt the TB'd 106, thats wat the missus is having, kinda gettin scared now!!
well i saw your car from afar and had a feeling id seen it somewhere before and it came to me when i saw you!
so what you got planned for your car next matey, im running mine next time i go, if your there we could have alittle battle if ya like???

Martin
17-10-2005, 21:36
Think first thing I need is a new box I'm fraid but after that I may go for lightweight windows/bonnet/tailgate! Think the next time I'm gonna run will be early next year (due to knackered box) so we'll have to organise a day for everyone to go down...

Dancliovalver
17-10-2005, 21:50
yeah sounds good mate, that was my first visit to pod yesterday, was good, wasnt a great fan of the muscle cars and bikes goin, but i enjoyed myself, i should hopfully have my 2.0ltr bottom end by then!!!
how easy are those short throw gear shifters to fit, how much do they cost and where do i get em from, yours looked the nuts!!

Craig
17-10-2005, 21:50
some in jan or feb i think mate!

im tempted to go down to shakespear raceway in 2 weeks, its only same distance as pod south!

altho i may save my cash and wait till nxt year!

Martin
17-10-2005, 21:58
yeah sounds good mate, that was my first visit to pod yesterday, was good, wasnt a great fan of the muscle cars and bikes goin, but i enjoyed myself, i should hopfully have my 2.0ltr bottom end by then!!!
how easy are those short throw gear shifters to fit, how much do they cost and where do i get em from, yours looked the nuts!!

The B&M quickshifts are a bit fiddly to fit....but give a really precise change...pm northy he's selling on for 60 squid IIRC usually 150 or summut silly...

2.0 btm end should make you're car..rapido! :twisted:

Lunner
17-10-2005, 22:41
some in jan or feb i think mate!

im tempted to go down to shakespear raceway in 2 weeks, its only same distance as pod south!

altho i may save my cash and wait till nxt year!

Let me know if a few of you go down, its only about 15 mins from me

Dancliovalver
18-10-2005, 15:30
yeah hopfully the bottom end with give me better acceleration i hope, gonna have the cams reset soon i think, they are set for better top end but i want more lowdown performance!!!!

ill pm northy, just love the way they add to that stripped out look coz im doin mine as soon as i sell my interior!!!

i wont be able to make pod till next year now anyway so gives me time to get my car sorted and running well but name the date closer to it and ill be there

Martin
18-10-2005, 17:04
yeah hopfully the bottom end with give me better acceleration i hope, gonna have the cams reset soon i think, they are set for better top end but i want more lowdown performance!!!!

ill pm northy, just love the way they add to that stripped out look coz im doin mine as soon as i sell my interior!!!

i wont be able to make pod till next year now anyway so gives me time to get my car sorted and running well but name the date closer to it and ill be there

Not sure about adjusting the cams mate my willaims was similar felt weak midrange, pretty good top end. Had them adjusted for more torque/mid-range and it just made the car slower...

Stripped out it's the future! :P