PDA

View Full Version : Track day suspension setups.

edde
16-10-2005, 18:58
Since my cars only for track days does anyone have any recomendations of what setup to have I'm probably going to have to swop my front coilover dampers as one might be leaking and the other sits massivly proud for some reason (more than Gax normally do) but thinking about the dci destroying it tyres on the track adn knowing how much tilt (I don't remember the techie term) the cup rac cars have has anyone got any recomendations of how much tilt to give them and if so how do I achive this is drilling the shock bolts a safe idea or is camber correction the only way?

Fred
16-10-2005, 21:06
Buy the Decarbon clio cup suspension (i'll get you the part numbers)

4deg neg camber on the front!!!

edde
16-10-2005, 21:18
I was meaning to ask you for part number. I've been trying at Renault but its impossible to find without a part number.
Does that work with the Wills track?
Thats one one on the pink car you were telling me about wasn't it?
4 degress negative ha ha proper race style I'll have to remove the plates the car still looks normal with them.

richy
16-10-2005, 22:06
Buy the Decarbon clio cup suspension (i'll get you the part numbers)

4deg neg camber on the front!!!

fred could u get hold of any part numbers for the clio cup mk1 stuff, im intrested in having a look etc :)

Lunner
17-10-2005, 21:02
Drill out the one hole on the shock, and weld a washer over each side to extra strength...word you are looking for is camber ;)

Let me know what heights you decide to run, i'm gonna rias rhte back end of mine a little i think, see what difference it makes

edde
17-10-2005, 22:16
Drill out the one hole on the shock, and weld a washer over each side to extra strength...word you are looking for is camber ;)

Let me know what heights you decide to run, i'm gonna rias rhte back end of mine a little i think, see what difference it makes

The cars about as low as it can run. It already fowls the arches and bumper as it is.
I'm not to keen on the drill idea realy I know its safe etc and I could do calc to see but I like to play it properly and safe.
When i go see the car Friday I'll find out some measurments

Lunner
17-10-2005, 22:38
Well using shear theorum its on the outside edge(s) that its gonna fail, so if you remove material from the inside of the top hole, you won't be weakening the structure, you'll only be removing material from the inside, this will give you room for movement.

Can always play it safe and drill another hole through, and fix it with 3 bolts

richy
17-10-2005, 22:51
at the moment im running std new decarbon shockers all round with 200lb std height front springs, i have been looking at pos drilling the shocker bolt holes out so able to adjust camber, wont be for time being, its fine as it is