PDA

View Full Version : 2.0 16v Williams Hybrid - breaking/whole car :(

BigChris
16-10-2005, 14:41
This is back up for sale after unfortunate circumstances.

I had to rush my mum to hospital the other night, typically we were in my car... obviously the problem comes with the word "rush" - having recently had an engine rebuild, I think I have caused one of the bearings in the bottom end to come loose whilst driving to the hospital. The car still starts no problem, oil pressure, oil temperature is all spot on, but obviously with knocking. Regret it now, but at the time mum was far more important (won’t go into details)

Dave (WantsaWilliams) wanted this car originally, with a deposit to be left on Saturday for a total of £3150 - having now caused the above; I doubt he'll be wanting the car anymore (that gives you a good idea of how nice this car is)

It’s currently on eBay, with one hour left, but I’m soon to cancel the auction.

Having rebuilt this engine with new crank etc... Full details in the auction ( http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....item=4581403692 )

To be completely honest with everyone, I don’t want to have the hassle of it all again. It may be a quick fix, where a new set of bearings maybe required, or something else, I don't know. People are more than welcome to come see it, it is a mint car, and personally I don't really want to start breaking it to pieces if someone with a little bit of mechanical knowledge can get themselves a cheap hybrid (mint one at that)...

So what I’m saying is, the car is for sale, and goes to the person who offers me the most. Need it gone within 2 weeks, as I have just spent my savings on a v6 . Ohh how things always seem to change....

Mobile number is 07719452454 you can contact me anytime, I have no idea what it is worth now if I had a shot in the dark it would be £1500-£2000?? but I mean that’s really a guess. All I can say is it is up there with the best mk1s as many of you will know.

If i can't get a sale, ill fix it myself and put it back up for sale - sump and bottom end will be coming out next weekend.

Tiger
16-10-2005, 15:09
sorry to hear about that mate, your not having much luck with it at all it seems :(

if you do break it would any of the engine benifit my snapped cambelt nightmare?

i dont know the first thing about engines hence my asking...

cheers

Tony

BigChris
16-10-2005, 16:04
i imagine if your cambelt has snapped it will purely be all top end, and my top end is fine :)

trouble with it is, i woud rather the car go all at once, i have had my first offer of £1200 so keep the offers coming in... i will need it sold by 2 weeks.

baring in mind things like the wheels would sell sepertaly for £350, ecu for £100, and gearbox for X amount... so much money wrapped up in the car...

J o n
16-10-2005, 16:27
dont be so hasty fella, speak to BenR and 2 live, may not be that bad, after a rebuild it shouldn't do that, 2 live ran his in on a peaks run...

BigChris
17-10-2005, 23:19
£1500 buys it! come on people this is a steal!!

northy
18-10-2005, 08:09
gutted to hear this mate - stick with the car and get it sorted !

BigChris
18-10-2005, 09:35
need it sold....

northy
18-10-2005, 09:48
heehee, well od love to buy it mate but i carnt afford it.

moneys well tight at the min.

dannyt
18-10-2005, 10:39
Whats actually up with her now then Chris?

Danny

northy
18-10-2005, 10:41
I had to rush my mum to hospital the other night, typically we were in my car... obviously the problem comes with the word "rush" - having recently had an engine rebuild, I think I have caused one of the bearings in the bottom end to come loose whilst driving to the hospital. The car still starts no problem, oil pressure, oil temperature is all spot on, but obviously with knocking.

BigChris
18-10-2005, 12:17
as above danny - it may not be that though....

either way, for £1500 i think its a very very fair price...

real reason for low price and sale is i wont have any money or time left to do it, as i have a v6 on the way which lets just say, my bank didn't like too much! lol...

You are more than welcome to come and see it, listen to it.. etc etc, but i think its worth £1500 without the engine!... this may well be a quick fix, especially so if you're like 2live and know your stuff.

Craig
18-10-2005, 16:13
bargain if u ask me!!

BigChris
18-10-2005, 16:42
tis cheap... i mean even if two people split the car thats £750 each which is naff all imo.

BigChris
19-10-2005, 09:33
this goes on ebay tonight if no one is interested :( reserve of £1500...

dannyt
19-10-2005, 10:08
I would love to come down and take a look at it fella, but it's a bit of a distance to travel really, Bpool to Kent especially if i didn't buy it!

And to tell you the truth Im interested in the engine more than anything, but would love to take it all off your hands!

Is it still on ebay as i was watching it and now it's dissapeared!

Danny

BigChris
19-10-2005, 13:23
hi danny...

if you wanna come down you are more than welcome, i will understand fully if you don't buy it... i just think if someone saw it it would sell, as i say it sold for £3000 to the first person when in full working order, so really is a steal...

i took it off ebay, as someone hacked into my account, but i will be putting it back on tonight with the reserve set at £1500... i will take £1200 for it without the wheels, simply to cover my costs.

If you need somewhere to stay, i live in a pub, so can put someone up for the night, and can always provide food, especially if you are coming along way.. worth baring in mind for any serious people.

Thanks, Chris.

dannyt
19-10-2005, 14:10
cheers for the offer mate, ill have a think about it tonight and speak to some of my mates and see if there interested in buying it with me!

Is it drivable for a couple of hundred miles do you think Chris, or would it not last?

Danny

BigChris
19-10-2005, 15:36
to be honest dan, i wouldn't drive it, as im 90% sure it can be rescued...

the offer still stands, would be a worthy investment between a few of you.

Jamie.
20-10-2005, 21:48
see my pms mate, re:wheels!!!!!