PDA

View Full Version : newby, well hopefully!!!

lukebuckley
14-10-2005, 15:37
hiya all,

Im Luke from Walsall (west mids) training t b a firefighter at the moment but more importantly I want a willaims clio!!!

Im seriously thinkg of buyin a williams 2 very shortly (they are just amazing cars) I will be swapping it for my skyline (if all goes well) I was wondering how accessable the parts for these cars are? I guess there not 'off the shelf' (like my skyline :x ?) how easily is it to get parts and wot things do i need to look out for? any bad points?
Ive driven the car an it sounds a peach no tickin or ontoward noises, but dont know much about htese cars. any advise to a newby??

Any infor would be MUCH appriciated.
:D

Thanks,
Luke

FATBOY
14-10-2005, 20:21
welcome to the site mate! enjoy ur stay!

snakeylady
19-10-2005, 13:07
:D Hiya mate - what Skyline do you have - would be top of my wish list - as far as parts go - there seems to plenty of options around for most stuff and certainly enough helpful people on here to point you in the right direction! :D Go for it you wont regret it :wink: p.s. 2's are the best!!

Mattie
19-10-2005, 13:16
make sure u have a gd luk under the rear arches 4 rust m8 as its very common!

check usual fings like wen the clutch was las dun n the water pump n cam belt etc!

Mattie
19-10-2005, 13:17
o.... and welcome m8 :D

Dancliovalver
19-10-2005, 15:13
theres a shop called "MATT BROWN", you can find many parts there :wink:
and welcome mate

lukebuckley
20-10-2005, 13:35
Thanks all for your reply's, I neva got much reply from the skyline owners club, they seem a bit 'up-there-own-arses' but you lot seem much more inviting an helpful, thanks guys (and gals lol) :D

Luke

2 live
20-10-2005, 19:45
welcome to the club mate.

main thing to look for is rust on these cars, rear arches are prime targets, mechanically parts are still avaliable, although reno like u to pay a premium for the advantage of owning a williams.

go for the best bodywork u can find, evrything else is easily replaced/renewed

lukebuckley
21-10-2005, 08:43
Luckily, theres no rust on this car, but there are signs that the sills have been done in the past, do u know a good way of preventing rust, so that it dosent come bk?

Thanks for reply,
Luke.

FlamingMonkey
24-10-2005, 09:40
Hello and Welcome

summeh
09-11-2005, 16:56
ever use a training program called vectorcommand? lol, its a piece of crap. i helped to make it.