PDA

View Full Version : N LRG Vs Rally Prepaired 205GTI

northy
14-10-2005, 07:50
Well ive seen this car once before on my way to work but was too far infront to catch.

But i was lucky enough for him to catch me as we came of the motorway this morning.

This is a red (1.9) with polycarbonate windows, roll cage, stickers, and bucket seats.

Let him past on the duel carrige way (industrial estate were i work) and gave chase in 3rd as he past. (about 60 when i saw him start to play)

At the bottom of the industrial estate road is a cambered 90degree right - well ive just been through there my quickest yet.

The 205 got me on brakes i'll admit as i thought i wasnt going to make it (abs was definatly pulsing) but stuck withhim and copyed his moves - halfway around the corner i was back on the pedal and pulled on him, as he was a little more twitchy than the younger williams.

I should have turned off then for my building - but gave chase all the way around the estate and gave him a wave when he slowed to turn off.

All in all a good do. And just because a rally preped car looks fast - doesnt mean to say it is. (on this instance anyway)

dannyt
14-10-2005, 07:57
good effort rich, but why's it in media pics?

J o n
14-10-2005, 08:23
can a PROPER moderator move this please :roll:

northy
14-10-2005, 08:51
woops :oops:

J o n
14-10-2005, 08:57
...anyway, have you done this as on purpose, as I think this is the first driving tale I have EVER seen you post! :lol:

good crack anyway, sounds like you showed which hot hatch really has the Euro muscle :twisted:

northy
14-10-2005, 09:11
lol..well my drives to work arnt the best mate.

hope i get to see him again !

GazTwo
14-10-2005, 09:47
What a boy racer..... [-(

Zollo
14-10-2005, 09:57
And on an industrial estate as well. Tsk. All those small old cafeteria ladies hobbling out on to the road to get back into there Metros after a hard morning preparing the days food for everyone at work. Minding their own business, happily coping with the trundling trucks that pass, all of a sudden confronted with two suicidal speed merchants in their suped up shopping trolleys coming around a corner at some insane pace, Williams driver's eyes closed with blind fear and hands off the wheel as he's just a mere passenger at this point. Their long and loving lives flash before their eyes, and they think of the poor families they'll leave behind. Then whosh, the road racers are gone, leaving a crumbled heap on an old lady in the road, suffering a minor hernia.

You evil, nasty man, you. :x

northy
14-10-2005, 09:58
heehee - they should stay on the path :wink:

Tommo
15-10-2005, 13:42
He he nice one Northy, them 205 GTI's are quick fukkers as well!

You work in Skem mate? I love screwing my car around Skem when I go to visit my cousins, full of roundabouts and dual carriageways to really test the car, never see any plod around there either!!.... :wink:

northy
18-10-2005, 12:54
yep.

i work at West Pimbo estate.

Live at Pemberton though !