PDA

View Full Version : 16v Camber

arj256
14-10-2005, 01:01
I have noticed that my Ph1 16v has quite abit of camber on the front wheels. Is this how they came from factory?
If so how come they did that?

Thanks

Scott-16v!
14-10-2005, 02:42
if you mean the front wheels leanin in at the top then my phase 2 is the same, i wondered if this was cos mines been lowered a fair bit though

Rich
14-10-2005, 10:28
yip they do unless its been bent and the turret has kinked but thats v.doubtful. the camber doesn't come ajustable out of the factory

kj16v
14-10-2005, 20:18
Mines standard height. Can't say mine lean in noticably. Do you wear out the inside of your tyres quickly?

VIPERONE
14-10-2005, 22:14
you can adjust camber by adjusting your ball joints.. you can either use thinner bolts as opposed to your 16mm ones.. with thinnner bolts it allows a slight element of play.. or you can dremel/file your bottom ball joints out making a groove. you can then move the camber about and tighten bolts at desired setting.....
I had unusual wear on my tyres, the realised that the bolts in the ball joints were wrong and the camber was all over the shop ..lol

Coops
15-10-2005, 17:14
my phase too is seriously low n all n i noticed the camber thing n all, no worries tho, helps it handle like a go kart cuz it essentially widens the track a we bit and keeps the car balanced in cornering, they do it to touring cars if you watch BTCC!! :lol: not affecting me tyre wear either really!! laffin!! i think it looks cool n all! :D

griffidh
25-10-2005, 10:33
mines completely standard and the camber on mine looks really severe one of the first things i noticed about it

stan
25-10-2005, 15:38
my phase too is seriously low n all n i noticed the camber thing n all, no worries tho, helps it handle like a go kart cuz it essentially widens the track a we bit and keeps the car balanced in cornering, they do it to touring cars if you watch BTCC!! :lol: not affecting me tyre wear either really!! laffin!! i think it looks cool n all! :D

how many "n's"??!! like readin a txt frm ma 14 yr ld cu51n...

it doesnt essentially widen track....it increases contact patch during mid-corner

Coops
25-10-2005, 17:58
care to rip me apart any more stan? yes it does widen track because the base of the wheels is further apart than the hub!thus making the car slightly wider!
n
n
n
n
n
n
n
n
n
n
n
n