PDA

View Full Version : Opinions please

big hp
13-10-2005, 18:51
Am thinking about another clio again, but the question is......

Williams or Hybrid.............

Discuss, pro's and cons for both please.

Justin..
13-10-2005, 18:54
i get a hybrid, purely because you dont have to keep it so stardard, and you could get hybrid for much less i reckon

NickFr
13-10-2005, 19:13
Williams...because in order to survive this wonderful car needs conscientious owners like you!

The idea of a hybrid never used to appeal, however since joining this forum I have seen some seriously nice examples!

Whatever you choose it is still a CLIO :wink:

big hp
13-10-2005, 19:17
If I go for another williams i'll prob try and go for a 1 as well. Will only be used for weekends so could do a Stromba and replace every nut and bolt :)

LEIGH-ANNE
13-10-2005, 19:23
def a willy, ur get more out of it in the end i reckon.....they will only rise in money

big hp
13-10-2005, 19:27
unless your arguing out what there worth with a insurance company :evil:

Lunner
13-10-2005, 19:28
Williams if you wanna use it at weekends and restore it, but for every day use i would go for a hybred, doens't matter so much if its knackered, can mod it to **** and not care

big hp
13-10-2005, 19:33
I've got a 306 td for everyday use and whacking the miles on. Just need something exciting for the weekends. I'm thinking of another williams again or a hybrid as running 2 cars is more expensive than I thought. Need a seperate car as working on the building sites a decent car would get ruined in a few weeks.

lewis_willy2
13-10-2005, 19:40
hybrid with a few little extras :D would be nice to av a willi....ams but like peeps r saying they more of a collectors imo, hybrid to mod and rag, plus other valver owners will think its stand 1.8 untill u shite all over them 8)

big hp
13-10-2005, 19:46
I've had 2 16v's and a williams. Must admit my williams always made me feel good when driving it.

Jan
13-10-2005, 19:48
Williams 8)

You are one of the few people that really appriciates what the car is about!

wilyolddave
13-10-2005, 22:38
:D defo Williams-rarity value,people taking a second look,that feeling everytime you drive it and AGREED VALUE INSURANCE!!! :wink: Ive always been a nightmare with my cars changing them ,mucking about with them but the willy is the first car ive had that i cant see me selling actually i have been thinking about getting another one and making it mintier than mint!! :shock:

Willyhybrid
13-10-2005, 23:07
I personally want a hybrid that I want to perfectly replicate to look like a Williams and that is my plan as they can look identical and people will still treat the car as a Williams.

If my insurance loved me I'd have a real one though! :D

northy
14-10-2005, 07:38
williams one scott

Zollo
14-10-2005, 09:30
Like Northy said, a Williams 1. At least then you'll feel you're getting something different and taking a step on from your last one.

(Unless you plan on doing lots of track days and modifying, in which case get a Hybrid.)

2 live
14-10-2005, 09:54
williams evry time for me. by the time uv bought a valver and shelled out for all the willy bits, its cost effective to start with a proper willy, unless u buy one thats already bin done.

plus itl be worth more if u ever want to sell it, will be another looked after example, and lets face it, we need to save em while we can now lol.

evrything can be improved on them, except the actual bodywork......IMO

and u wont have anyone on here saying 'u cant fukkin do that to a willy' unless its summat daft like neons or big bodykit imo either......a true enthusiast would want to try and bring back the real feeling renosport wanted from the williams.....on track. which means upgrading/uprating certain items anyway. :wink: