PDA

View Full Version : Hello.

dezmondo
06-03-2005, 16:47
Hi there,

Have been on Clio forums (occasionally) for a while now and have only just discovered this Williams only one.

I have got a Williams one (235) and a Clio Cup but am selling the Cup soon and looking forward to getting the Williams out again as it has been stored for 2 years (couldn't part with it) (only 69K on the clock too) while I enjoyed a Civic Type-r and the Cup.

A flash of inspiration hit me when re-reading the 10 greatest cars of the last 10 years - Why not sell the Cup and spend a tidy wedge on the Williams (usual bubbly arch to sort, and wheel refurb to do, also gonna replace the steering column, all the shockers etc. (I am tempted by coil overs! :wink: ) polyurethane bushes, braided hoses, new clutch and cable etc. have also got new door cards and dash top to fit due to some eejit cutting huge holes in the front and rear ones to fit fat boy speakers. Will modify the motor only (Already got K+N, will get exhaust, cams and chip I think :?: )

Better stop there I think!! (the missus will kill me if I go over £2.5K :evil: - although, now my RB5 and P1 plans have taken a back seat (for a while at least :wink: ) she is happy!!

I am based in Leicestershire and wonder if any meets occur round these parts!

Also, although I have restored 2 cars with my dad (a 1972 Spifire and a 1969 S-Type Jag) I have gotten lazy in my old age and need to find a decent mechanic in the Leicester/ Nottingham are to do the work for me, any ideas :?: ??

Cheers for now,

deZmondo (Dean)

FATBOY
06-03-2005, 17:22
welcome to the site mate! good to see another new member! we do have meets and we have got a big meet coming up at the french car show(read sticky thread in meetings and events) but enjoy your stay, regards

paul aka FATBOY

Winston
06-03-2005, 17:53
Hello and welcome to the site....Sounds like a tidy project 8)

KingStromba
06-03-2005, 18:08
A great oportunity to blast away the cob webs on the Williams will be the French Car Show on the 29th May 2005. Check out the meetings and events section Dean, we have 19 Williams' so far confirmed, and Nick Hill will be there to give technical advice and assistance with all mechanical questions.

2 live
06-03-2005, 18:58
welcome mate

richy
06-03-2005, 19:12
hello n welcome mate

Rich
06-03-2005, 20:13
welcome aboard matey!

Martin
06-03-2005, 20:21
Welcome :)

06-03-2005, 21:24
Sounds like the show should be a must for me, will hopefully have rid of the Cup by then and have a good portion of the work done on the Williams (having the wheels sorted next week and already on the case for shocks and urethane bushes!). Not sure if time will allow me to be get the car done as I am (studidly) studying for an MSc at the moment and barely have 2 mins to rub together!

Will defo pop along and give support etc. though, or help on the stand or whatever!

Looking forward to really getting in to the 'scene' (sorry, a bit gay that!) this year!

Cheers for the well wishes, deZmondo :)

dezmondo
06-03-2005, 21:29
Oops :roll: , should have signed ifnbefore posting - it's late (time for my Hot Chocolate, the Royal and then to bed methinks) (since I turned 29 I am seriously worried about my sudden decline into old age (I even thought about selling both cars and getting a 330D (diesel for christs sake!!).

Hopefullythe Williams will drag back my youth!!!

FATBOY
06-03-2005, 21:35
nice one mate! get ya name down for the FCS stand theres still room for more cars! and bruntingthorpe isnt far from you!

big hp
06-03-2005, 22:03
Hello and enjoy your stay :D

And get down to FCS were a friendly bunch :twisted:

snakeylady
07-03-2005, 14:57
:D Hiya - sounds like you're going to be busy over the next few months - see you at the FCS :P

Dno194
07-03-2005, 15:18
Hello Dean

Welcome aboard!

Dean