PDA

View Full Version : New Tires!!!

dannyt
06-03-2005, 13:38
After getting my new michelin pilot exalto 2's fitted yday, and scrubbing them up a bit yday and today, i took it out for a quick blast!

It's nice and sunny day so grip was good anyway, but after taking a few good corners, i was well impressed, she seems to be gripping better than before and feels more comfortable when pushed. Only managed to get a bit of understeer other than that she just seemed to grip!

Im a bit unsure of the size i went for as compared to my 45's the 50's seem like tracktor tires, but i think ill get used to them, the rides a bit more comfortable and copes with bumps better!

Overall im pleases with them so far, but im after a track day to test out there full potential!

Danny

P.S Cheers northy

Winston
06-03-2005, 13:41
Where did you get them fitted.....?

They will get even better after a few 100 miles

As for the 50's thats what 45's do to you...50's feel like tractor tyres to me as well (extra roll)

dannyt
06-03-2005, 21:31
my mate sorted them out for me winston and was going to do the tracking with the laser alignment thing but said it wouldn't fit as it was too low!!!

im tempted to do willy track and run standard height and standard williams susp, or standard height on coilovers???anyone?

they feel nice just look a little big now tucked under the arches!

Martin
06-03-2005, 21:35
Pics?? Wondering what they would look like on a valver/aftermarket wheels.. I've always prefered 50s over lower profiles

Jeeder
06-03-2005, 21:35
I was thinking of changing my 185/50's for 185/45's. What are your opinions then guys seeing as you've tried both.

Personally I think a low low profile looks brilliant. Would welcome your comments though.

dannyt
07-03-2005, 08:48
personally im still deciding but i think the 45's look better especially if your cars low!!!

however the feel, comfort of the 50's is better!

give us another week and ill decide fully but only had them on for a few days now!

GazTwo
07-03-2005, 13:14
but im after a track day to test out there full potential!

Danny

It's all in hand...leave it to your Uncle Gareth... :wink:

dannyt
07-03-2005, 13:16
ok then Uncle Gazzy, but make it snappy!!! :wink:

GazTwo
07-03-2005, 13:18
Ok mate, don't want to rush things got FCS coming up and give everyone one time to have there cars ready.