PDA

View Full Version : Nasty emails do work!!!

BigBoreBri
12-10-2005, 18:28
Well ive had a right going on with DVLA recently waiting for forms n the like to get my driving licence back, and basically being told im in for at least a three week delay just to go through there sorting office... After about a million phone calls later and basically being told im in for at least a three week delay just to go through there sorting office!

So i wrote a full on nasty email last night slating them for poor service etc.

Well i get back to my email 2nite to find:

Thank you for your email.

I am sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied with the service you have had from DVLA.

It might be helpful if I explain that DVLA expects to handle around 19 million calls this year or up to 76,000 a day. Most of the queries are of a simple, standard nature, which can readily be answered by a recorded message. Much of the information is already available in leaflets issued to customers with their driving licences and registration documents. The Interactive Voice Response (IVR) telephone system provides answers to such queries without the customer having to queue to speak to an advisor. We can then devote more resource to dealing with the more complex queries, or those, which require access to the computer record.

Although the telephone system does not satisfy all customers, we are now better placed to deal with the demand. General information can be provided 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Customers can replay the information if they have not fully understood it. The recorded information is always fully up to date and accurate. However, if you select an option from the initial menu which was not of relevance to your query, at the end of the majority of messages you are given the choice to speak to an advisor. In additional, if after having listened to the main menu you find that none of the options offered apply to your particular circumstances you are, in the majority of cases, also given the opportunity to speak to an advisor.

It may interest you to known the contact Centre is open to take calls from the public between 8.00am and 8.30pm each weekday. We are also open on Saturdays between 8.00am and 5.30pm.

I can confirm that an application form inviting you to renew your driving licence has been sent 56 days before the end of your disqualification. Once the form has been despatched it is the responsibility of the Royal Mail to deliver it to your address.

I have checked your driving licence record and am pleased to tell you that we have received your driving licence application and you new driving licence was issued on the 11.10.2005.

You should receive this shortly.

You should now be able to book your theory/driving tests with the Driving Standards Agency.

Bottom line my licence has been issued! HA HA :D

Scott-16v!
12-10-2005, 18:31
you do have to get arsey a lot of the time to get anything done it seems, and shit that reminds me i must send off for my proper licence, still runnin on my provisional and been passed 15 months lol :oops: :lol:

BigBoreBri
12-10-2005, 18:32
Ha Ha, i remeber doing the exact same thing...

Sent mine off with about 3 weeks to spare, lol :shock:

Scott-16v!
12-10-2005, 19:04
lol ive got better things to spend my £9 on, like petrol to go for a random drive :roll: :lol:

Mattie
12-10-2005, 21:02
lol ive got better things to spend my £9 on, like petrol to go for a random drive :roll: :lol:

haha i luv random drives! :D

northy
13-10-2005, 07:46
glad to hear your getting your license back mate, lets try and keep it this time.