PDA

View Full Version : Exhausts

Lunner
12-10-2005, 11:07
Currently i'm runnign what is basically a full race system, de-cat straight through centre section,a nd scorpion back box, only problem is i'm not sure f the lack of back pressure is loosing me power.

Anyone got any thoughts on this, and preferably some sort of sports centre section that i can borrow and get the car rolling roaded before and after fitting it to comapre

u33db
12-10-2005, 16:18
I seem to remember BenR saying something along the lines of backpressure is only really affected by the manifold...anything back of that doesn't make much difference.

Swervin_Mervin
12-10-2005, 16:30
Is that specific to these cars though u33?

I know the Pugsport 106 exhausts are proper pulse tuned jobbies. They have pea-shooter-like tail pipes.

What bore is it all Lunner?

Anders
12-10-2005, 17:06
Yeah, back pressure is really only effected by the tuned length of the primaries and secondaries. Ofcourse our 4 into 1 system doesn't have the secondaries, but I wouldn't of thought losing the centre section would do much in power gain/loss. Just noise more than anything as the lack of baffle plates wouldn't effect the frequencies.

Lunner
12-10-2005, 17:25
IIRC its all 2.5", or 2.25".

Manifold is a pea shooter thing tho, need to clean the welds up at the end to release some more horses though.

Its a 4-1 manifold, and the pipes are about 1" diameter, that then goes inot a downpipe that is about 2" or 2.5" diameter, then the de-cat and system.

Was wondering about getting a larger bore downpipe made up, but again i'm not sure about loss of back pressure, if i could do it myself or get it done ont eh cheap it woudl be great to test, but i'm ****ed if i'm paying loads of money yo get one made up for it not to work and loose me power

u33db
14-10-2005, 09:52
Can't you fit a 16v manifold as yours is still an F-series engine. I'm guessing not properly but you might be able to bodge something?