PDA

View Full Version : Team Think Cup Racer

Saner
10-10-2005, 20:37
Well, i've finally got round to joining.

I've got my eyes on Team Thinks white ex-cup racer.. which is in pretty good nick

Does anyone know anything about this car.. or anything i should check in general ontop of all the usual stuff?

Oh and of course.. helllllllooooo everyone!

edde
10-10-2005, 20:52
Bigest thing to check is the rust and that the body is straight around the center of the car.
Track cars like this will have seen some accidents so don't expect to find a perfect one.
Personally I wouldn't buy a car from team think from what I've heard although i know they read this forum so I'd be interested in there views on this remark.
Price depends on spec don't forget a 1.8 standard vs a tunned 2.0 will have a difference in price.

Coops
10-10-2005, 21:56
welcome! :D

Saner
11-10-2005, 00:16
ty coopahstar!

edde, Could you please elaborate on what reputation they have.. I have only herad good things about them other than the Pink racer sold to a member of ClioSport.

I've spoken to both sides over this incedent at it doesnt seem to clear. If you know more then that would be appriciated. I'm sure if Team Think dissagreed, they would voice there comment.

Saner

James Clio 16v
11-10-2005, 08:14
One of their mechanics, Michael, did a head gasket change on my Dad's car a couple of weeks ago.

The work was spot on, cheap and he was a top fella. As for the actual owners of Team Think, I cannot comment.

I did see the white cup racer outside Michael's workshop and it looked like it had sat there a while, it had some battle damage too.

Saw their latest racer, ex-touring car Clio, awesome machine.

northy
11-10-2005, 08:29
hi mate - glad to see your finally upgrading :D

Saner
11-10-2005, 09:57
James: yep thats the one i'm after.. has had alot of battle damage, but seems mechanically sound. Also Spike (Michael) seems a top bloke!

Northy: I haven't bought it yet :P

northy
11-10-2005, 10:18
pictures ?

2 live
11-10-2005, 10:58
alrite fella.

glad to see ur joining us lol

Saner
11-10-2005, 11:07
northy: Give me some time! lol, I hope to be contacting him about it next week, providing he hasn't sold it or decided to use it himself.

2live: I may have to bring the green sheep up to a few meets before i get a mk1. Just to spite ya