PDA

View Full Version : Heatsheild Piccy needed.

Anders
10-10-2005, 13:27
Guys I need your help.

I have been rebuilding the entire car for about 4 months now and I am almost complete, except for one damn heatsheild!! I can figure out where the hell it goes.

I have the large one behind the manifold - easy. Also there is a small one down by the steering rack, simple too. But now I have a middle sized one left over, and can't seem to line it up with any holes. I think it came from around the starter motor area - but I am not sure.

Can somebody please take a piccy of the engine bay so I can see where it should go.

Muchos Gracias...

FYI It is a Williams

David
10-10-2005, 13:41
THere is a smallish ish one which goes by the cat / de cat just below the gear selector

Thats the only other one i can think of sorry no pictures

northy
10-10-2005, 14:44
there should be a manifold heatshield (Aluminium Fibre), one on the steering rack (Aluminium Fibre), starter and one at the top of the engine for the manifold (metal)

Anders
10-10-2005, 20:18
COOL, i knew it came from around that area. Trouble is I am scratching my head trying to figure out the orientation of it. It only has 3 holes for bolts to go through so it should be easy to sort. By I must of spent 30 mins just trying out where the hell it went, then spinning it round in every direction to see which holes if any line up!! Still no joy.

Somebody must have a piccy of their engine somewhere that shows this mother as it should be.

Sorry to be a pain, but everything else is spanking and want to get this right.

j3ned
11-10-2005, 14:23
show me a pic and i will tell you exactly were it goes