PDA

View Full Version : Donnington Today

Fred
09-10-2005, 19:30
What an awesome laugh.

Fred and I had a ball today, shame the Cup couldn't run, but we had such a laugh in the valver it didn't really matter; we suprised a few people with its sideways action stunts.

Good to see everyone!

Cheers Gaz for organisinng, and Simon for a fun day. As I said to you earlier, lovely day, lovely circuit, will not be visiting it again with the current ridiculous noise limits as it is too much mither. Might bring the valver again, but not the cup as its such a pain to meet 98 db.

:-)

/y0z

J o n
10-10-2005, 08:48
yup, was an absolutely awesome day and i'll deffo be doing that again when my wallet has recovered! Thanks to 2 live for some on the spot tech help and Matt A, also thanks to Mat Brown for bringing me wheels, much appreciated fella! I'd also like to thank Yoz for the free sideways drift action lesson and the brown stain on my undercrackers... you owe me a pair of boxers buddy... :lol:

Hope everyone got home safe and sound and gutted for Scott, unlucky pal, could have happened to anyone though (with driving skills as bad as yours ;) )

GazTwo
10-10-2005, 09:27
:D ....quality day, had a right hoot......weather couldn't have been better 8)

Drove about 1/2 mile behind Scott on the way home.....didn't want people thinking I was with him.... :lol:

Top day bring on the next one.... :D

2 live
10-10-2005, 09:38
yeah was a top day.

big shout out to bejesus for the loan of the car.nice 1 lad.

and yoz for destroying the brakes........ :cry: :wink:

easy lad

lol

Martin
10-10-2005, 10:24
Was a good doo....don't like donnington in the wet thought lol

Zollo
10-10-2005, 10:32
Wicked day again. Had an awesome time and well proud of my car for managing to survive and days thrashing (almost) entirely without failure!

Cheers guys for sorting out my brakes :oops: . Made it home safely...you're stars!

And cheers Scott for the loan of the pedal bracket 8)

northy
10-10-2005, 10:40
thanks to gaz for organising it - cheers to 2live for doing zollos brakes - learn something new everyday.

And to our kid for not damaging my motor.

Flan
10-10-2005, 10:48
Just a thnks to all the organisers for a wicked day. Some of the other drivers in BMW's/Golfs were being a bit nobby but apart from that it was spot on. Funny seeing Martin doing 70mph sidways down the grass... nice one lad. Gotta say i need more power after Flamin Monkey came past down the straight. lol

Did anyone get any pics of the day.

Flan :wink:

FlamingMonkey
10-10-2005, 11:02
Just a thnks to all the organisers for a wicked day. Some of the other drivers in BMW's/Golfs were being a bit nobby but apart from that it was spot on. Funny seeing Martin doing 70mph sidways down the grass... nice one lad. Gotta say i need more power after Flamin Monkey came past down the straight. lol

Did anyone get any pics of the day.

Flan :wink:

hehe I think I remeber that, will look on my tape tonight, see if there's any footage of it.

Think there are some pics on Craigs site http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~cadams/images/trackdays/donnington/

J o n
10-10-2005, 11:04
no worries 2 live, any time mate.

glad you made it home okay Zollo, brakes still dodgy or okay now?

Flan, Monkeys cars a bit of an animal mate... just get some more mods

Martin
10-10-2005, 11:11
Get vids up fellas...especially you Ategomeister I hear you have 3 wheeling footage of the mighty hybrid.. :)

2 live
10-10-2005, 11:25
iv got quite a bit of footage...currently tryin to get it on putfile but its 75 mb....

haha

an thats jus the battle i had with the dick in the blue elise when he wouldnt get out the way......hehe

once again.....top day well organised by the track action team.

an nice 1 to gaz for sortin it out with the club too. pats on the back all round again.

Mooseman
10-10-2005, 11:46
Cheers Gaz, an awesome day, aside from the exhaust swapping to meet the noise restrictions :roll: but the rex loved every minute of it. Good to meet some of you fellas, look forward to the next one :D

7/10ths
10-10-2005, 11:48
Well yet again you all survived the day...some better than others :shock: :shock: I think a 10% casualty rate is very good. I did say it was slippy and I did say 'if you go into the gravel, make sure it is straight'. Where was Scott when I mentioned that ?? :? :?

When we arrived at the circuit on Saturday afternoon it was pi55ing down, I walked onto the start finish straight and could have skated across it. Suddenly a feeling of impending doom came over me :cry: How lucky were we with the weather on Sunday, phew :D :D

lou and I hope you all enjoyed the day as much as we did. Watching you all out there was funny. Watching Scott pass me at the speed of light whilst I was in the R34 Skyline was amazing. I remember thinking, bloody hell these Clio's have some grip, as the Skyline is fighting for grip. 4 wheel drive, every driver aid you can imagine working overtime.............
Then oops, maybe not son much grip, just Scott wearing his underpants on the outside of his trousers ( Superman). The crash actually started to happen before he had overtaken me, just that Scott did not know it yet.

The back stepped out and continued, by this time the poor lad was a mere passenger. Will he make it I thought, will it catch a bit of traction and slow down? No was the answer to that. The little Clio fired itself sideways into the gravel :shock: :shock: Next thing I remeber was admiring how elegantly it roled over in a cascade of gravel. Bits of glass, plastic and various other bits of car and landscape was not a pretty sight :D :D

Hope to see you all soon,

Simon and Lou

GazTwo
10-10-2005, 11:56
lol....cheers to u both and the team.....was an excellent day.

Wish I was at Scott's work this morning when all his mates turned up to see his car..... :lol:

Zollo
10-10-2005, 11:58
Gotta say i need more power after Flamin Monkey came past down the straight. lol

:

Just do what I did and don't move out of the way :P

summeh
10-10-2005, 12:46
thanks simon, gaz, lou and everyone else who arrnaged the day...

Was a good day but a bit dissapointing for me, was up with ARJ til 5am in the morning trying to get my car fixed and ready for the day, unfortunately it didn't want to play, so I took the girlfriends red 306 :D Not quite as fun having you all blast past me. Oh well, always another :)

Cheers to Ben R, Mat Brown and Matt Wills for the advice in the early hours of sunday morning 8)

Zollo
10-10-2005, 12:58
glad you made it home okay Zollo, brakes still dodgy or okay now?

Yeah, they're ok now cheers. They'll do for a week or so, until the slightly more substantial stuff turns up!

Zollo
10-10-2005, 12:59
Was a good day but a bit dissapointing for me

That's an understatement and a half mate :shock: . Felt well sorry for you!

summeh
10-10-2005, 15:01
yeh was gutted mate... hope i didn't piss u all off in the 306... tried to pull over as much as poss.

Zollo
10-10-2005, 15:06
Not at all mate. I only came past you once I think (well, apart from when you were pulled over broken down :oops: ) and it was on the straight 8)

Mooseman
10-10-2005, 15:20
Was a good day but a bit dissapointing for me

I'd have been nutting the walls if that had been me, you obviously have excellent levels of self control

Jan
10-10-2005, 19:42
Cheers Gaz, another top track day :twisted:

richy
10-10-2005, 19:53
yep was a great day, thanks to fred/mratego, and madman yoz for taking me out in there cars! top fun!!! :D

GazTwo
10-10-2005, 20:16
Cheers Gaz, another top track day :twisted:

Get your mates pics up here mate.... 8)

GeeUK
10-10-2005, 20:20
Cheers to everyone involved, top ****ing day. Was my first trackday but wasnt nervous, just went out and ragged it from the start!

Span in the wet while getting to grips with the track, was ****ing great!

Aparantly I was fast on the straights, stock setup slowed me in the corners thou, but guess what turned up today?? My ****ing coilovers!!!!!

Martin
10-10-2005, 20:22
Cheers to everyone involved, top ****ing day. Was my first trackday but wasnt nervous, just went out and ragged it from the start!

Aparantly I was fast on the straights, stock setup slowed me in the corners thou, but guess what turned up today?? My ****ing coilovers!!!!!

LOL, unlucky that fella..you got some vid footage to put up?

Lunner
10-10-2005, 20:29
thanks simon, gaz, lou and everyone else who arrnaged the day...

Was a good day but a bit dissapointing for me, was up with ARJ til 5am in the morning trying to get my car fixed and ready for the day, unfortunately it didn't want to play, so I took the girlfriends red 306 :D Not quite as fun having you all blast past me. Oh well, always another :)

Cheers to Ben R, Mat Brown and Matt Wills for the advice in the early hours of sunday morning 8)

The red 306 that had a 2.0 8v engine and that after the 2nd corner i never saw in my mirrors again?

Although saying that it was on std suspension, and i was matching matt's pace in his williams

GeeUK
10-10-2005, 20:39

LOL, unlucky that fella..you got some vid footage to put up?

Camera was mount in a shit position so it looks like we are driving at 35mph! Not on PC yet, my mate is gonna do it for my, I dont have a firewire connection I dont think...

2 live
10-10-2005, 20:44
u get any footage of teh ride home gee?? the guy in teh 182 thought u were in a gtir lol

GeeUK
10-10-2005, 20:45
I know, lol!

No, ran out of tape, nice flames thou!

Thanks for showing me the way back.

J o n
10-10-2005, 20:49
booo, i've not seen what the flames are like... I can only imagine, but at one point it sounded like gun fire... lol

2 live
10-10-2005, 20:50
comin down the d/c after wed got off the motorway...under the tunnel...that was the best 1 lol

rite fukkin BANG

J o n
10-10-2005, 20:53
yeah that one was CRAZY!!! My mum heard that one!

edde
10-10-2005, 20:57
Great day thanks for the effort everyone put in.
I'll get the Williams fixed for next time 65hp in a standard car isn't exactly a good starting point for a track car. Although that TVR with 4 exhaust wasn't to happy with me I don't think when I overtook him on the inside as he was taking such a bad line particularly when he never managed to overtake me after that.

Zollo
10-10-2005, 22:42
Great day thanks for the effort everyone put in.
I'll get the Williams fixed for next time 65hp in a standard car isn't exactly a good starting point for a track car. Although that TVR with 4 exhaust wasn't to happy with me I don't think when I overtook him on the inside as he was taking such a bad line particularly when he never managed to overtake me after that.

You certainly entertained me and Tom with your diesel antics mate, good effort :P

edde
10-10-2005, 23:17
You certainly entertained me and Tom with your diesel antics mate, good effort :P
I always like to keep people entertained. I'll do better with the Williams I'm not worried about stacking that as much so I can play. My tyres so worn on the edges though.
Still after looking at the videos the Williams are only a few seconds quicker on the track.

Lunner
10-10-2005, 23:19
Should ahve run higher pressures, the onyl tyre on mien that is ****ed on the edge is the n/s front, and thats only cus its had 4 trackdays worth of abuse, and was slick after anglesey on that edge

2 live
11-10-2005, 09:17
lol....i remember passing u on the first corner after he start finish straight when i had rachael in the car later on edde......few seconds??? musta pulled 4-5 just down cramer.

y0z2a
11-10-2005, 10:00
edde, you were going well as per normal.

/y0z

woots
11-10-2005, 17:39
Just a quick cheers, I was only a passenger for this one but wanted to say cheers to Jan, mooseman, black 182 guy (sorry mate forgot your name), mad swiss guy in 964rs and 360 modena guy for showing me how boring 80k cars are and I definetly don't want one. Not taking the mick was setup so boringly no adjustment in chassis, idiot proof toy for rich kids didn't even sound nice once I had the helmet on, pretty though. 964 rs was perfect, want one :D .

Jan as ever was not lacking in commitment despite the 'regals' on the back, track day tyres lol! The 182 went well too, wonder if you can rig the subframes to get the seats a couple of inches lower? Car felt good too, I well miss 0337. Won't mention mooseman as he seems to hijack all your threads with his jap rubbish :wink: .

Cheers for the lifts, jan should keep me in touch so hopefully will be fixed for the next one.

John

ps cheers Lunner for helping me swap the exhaust shame jody's two hands are so slow...

northy
11-10-2005, 17:44
Just a quick cheers, I was only a passenger for this one but wanted to say cheers to Jan, mooseman, black 182 guy (sorry mate forgot your name), mad swiss guy in 964rs and 360 modena guy for showing me how boring 80k cars are and I definetly don't want one. Not taking the mick was setup so boringly no adjustment in chassis, idiot proof toy for rich kids didn't even sound nice once I had the helmet on, pretty though. 964 rs was perfect, want one :D .

Jan as ever was not lacking in commitment despite the 'regals' on the back, track day tyres lol! The 182 went well too, wonder if you can rig the subframes to get the seats a couple of inches lower? Car felt good too, I well miss 0337. Won't mention mooseman as he seems to hijack all your threads with his jap rubbish :wink: .

Cheers for the lifts, jan should keep me in touch so hopefully will be fixed for the next one.

John

ps cheers Lunner for helping me swap the exhaust shame jody's two hands are so slow...

0337 is still doing well mate - load of new parts and go faster goodies on.

get yourself to FCS to see it or Oulton Park on the 10th.

edde
11-10-2005, 23:04
lol....i remember passing u on the first corner after he start finish straight when i had rachael in the car later on edde......few seconds??? musta pulled 4-5 just down cramer.
Ye I was surprised I had someone timing my laps that I didn't know about timing me from the viewing area. Managed one 1.47, 2 1.48 and the rest were 1.49 and 1.50's. Looking at some of the videos people have posted laps seem to be around 1.40.
I have to admit some Williams and 172's were noticable quicker down that back straight than others the yellow one in particular and some red 172 with unusal tyres (slick/semi slicks maybe) no idea who's car though.
Tyres were pumped up to 26 when they had cooled down at lunch so I'd guess I was runniong 28~29psi when they were warm. With coilover it was much better.
2 live which vids are you in though I'd be interested in seeing how quick you were.
PS I don't advocate timing, as it will only make people push it to hard and timing isn't allowed anyways.
PS the Williams look excellent on 3 wheels as most people stuck them up when they went into bends.

northy
12-10-2005, 07:55
the red 172 is 172_4_life on cliosports.

J o n
12-10-2005, 08:08
yeah went round with Ceredig (sp?), good smooth run round the track and the slicks sound amazing with all the air wooshing noises! thanks again mate! :D

northy
12-10-2005, 08:23
were u in with ceradig when i was behind him for a few laps untill 'the' corner or was it 2live ???

2 live
12-10-2005, 09:20
lol.that was my first ever visit to the gravel trap hehe

fukker...he slowed to let u past an stayed off the racing line to let u go...which fukt him up for the turn in really lol

edde .i was the elise vids, gettin held up..lol

best wet lap was 1.42 ish i think, would be good to have a nice clean run thru even for just a couple laps tho

northy
12-10-2005, 09:29
heehee, poor excuse jon, got it on camera.

when he went off he was 3 cars infront as he had braked so much later than me....looked class from my view mate.

2 live
12-10-2005, 09:32
hmm.......didnt get him passing u earlier on on cam tho i seem to remember lol.. :wink:

turn that camera off lad.......... :shock:

northy
12-10-2005, 09:34
heehee, look on your face when i said that - class.

we need to get nic with the trophy on here aswell.

Mooseman
12-10-2005, 09:43
Won't mention mooseman as he seems to hijack all your threads with his jap rubbish :wink:

fair dues, this is a williams forum :oops:

I should have taken a few more rides in williams with some other drivers, but i was taking quite a few passengers so time ran out quicker than I thought!!

really impressed with the williams though, and yes Woots I agree, the commitment was not lacking from some of the fellas on here :lol:

richy
12-10-2005, 18:21
best laptime i got was a 1.36 when it was reasonably clear

northy
13-10-2005, 07:53
cool - will time mine on the video night.

J o n
13-10-2005, 08:20
god knows what I did... went round faster in the afternoon with Andy in the car though, was smoother round the lines and no back end action... lol

y0z2a
13-10-2005, 20:34

at tuners grand prix, the cup went around in 1.27.33 and that was backing off under the microphone on the start finish straight. We think that we could get 1.25.00 with a clear lap and no noise restrictions. Our 182 Did a 1.30.xx (low) with me driving too.

/y0z

y0z2a
13-10-2005, 20:34
any videos Mr Atego ?

/y0z

richy
13-10-2005, 21:31

at tuners grand prix, the cup went around in 1.27.33 and that was backing off under the microphone on the start finish straight. We think that we could get 1.25.00 with a clear lap and no noise restrictions. Our 182 Did a 1.30.xx (low) with me driving too.

/y0z

aye i actually came off track on that lap lol have to be honest i spent more time ****ing about on corners instead of smooth lines, just wanted to have fun!

Fred
14-10-2005, 01:17
the Pink car goes round in 1min 30

J o n
14-10-2005, 08:21

Really!? It looked Pretty average tbh at Brunty... the Cup was pasting it on the straights and certainly round the bends... what spec is it?

2 live
14-10-2005, 09:15
i think the clio cup racers were doing 1.30

northy timed em. sure they were around that mark.

northy
14-10-2005, 09:17
At the RWS weekend the leaders in the 182 racing cups were doing 1.47 lap after lap.

But im not sure what ciruit they were doing.

J o n
14-10-2005, 09:19
182's though mate... shit slow...

Zollo
14-10-2005, 09:32
At the RWS weekend the leaders in the 182 racing cups were doing 1.47 lap after lap.

But im not sure what ciruit they were doing.

That would be the GP circuit mate. 1.47 would be about right.

northy
14-10-2005, 09:33
oh well...pitty we didnt get chance to do the same track !

y0z2a
14-10-2005, 10:11

Really!? It looked Pretty average tbh at Brunty... the Cup was pasting it on the straights and certainly round the bends... what spec is it?

i think it was running on 3 cylinders? It is a Spider Engined Cup car.

/y0z

Zollo
14-10-2005, 10:19
On Donington National Circuit (what we did), the lap record of a Clio Cup racer is....

Qualifying: 1m 18.618s (89.62mph)
Outright/Race: 1m 18.194s (90.11mph)

Kinda puts it in to perspective really :P

northy
14-10-2005, 10:48
and our times were ?

J o n
14-10-2005, 10:51

i think it was running on 3 cylinders? It is a Spider Engined Cup car.

/y0z

if it's a standard engine pretty much then you were prolly going round faster in mine... when you weren't being help up by Ferrari's, Porsches, Caterhams, TVR's etc etc... lol

Zollo
14-10-2005, 10:51
At the Tuners GP, Yozza's best was a 1.27.33 (though he reckons 1.25 without backing off for the noise limit).

I don't know what most of us were doing. Richy did a 1.36, and I think Jan was doing 1.35s. Not sure what you, 2live, Jesus, etc were doing. Any one know?

northy
14-10-2005, 10:52
not watched my tape yet mate.

dont forget they are on slicks !

2 live
14-10-2005, 10:53
havent a clue mate...knew i shudda got rach to hit the record button in the ppit lane when it eas dry lol.

iv only been goin off the vid n timin it that way

Mooseman
14-10-2005, 10:53
At the Tuners GP, Yozza's best was a 1.27.33 (though he reckons 1.25 without backing off for the noise limit).

I don't know what most of us were doing. Richy did a 1.36, and I think Jan was doing 1.35s. Not sure what you, 2live, Jesus, etc were doing. Any one know?

I timed Jan in the passenger seat - 1:40, with some traffic at the top end of craners

J o n
14-10-2005, 10:56
think I was doing 1m 17 @ 101 on average, I hadn't taken a poo though and had Jon in the car, plus a half eaten corrination chicken baguette in the glove box weighing me down... with traffic too obviously :lol:

y0z2a
14-10-2005, 11:01
oh, and that 1.27.33 was on road legal tyres, not full slicks.

also, car had no power steering which is why i think 1.25.00 is achievable.

with full slicks, p.a.s. , low fuel etc I think i could get to 25, getting below that I would be wanting to be running more camber etc. to get the corner speeds up.

/y0z

northy
14-10-2005, 11:02
u dont rate not having power steering yoz ?

y0z2a
14-10-2005, 11:04
no, not my cup of tea.

might work on the 16v / williams - i haven't tried it, BUT... i hate it on the cup. am putting it back over the winter.

/y0z

Zollo
14-10-2005, 11:05
Not having PAS makes the car more of a hand-full Northy. Plus you can run a quicker rack if you have PAS.

richy
14-10-2005, 18:29
i know the lotus elise boys was doing about 1.44 a lap steve was sat timing lol

Fred
16-10-2005, 01:16

it was running on 3 clyinders at bruntingthorpe (don't ask!!)

its el rapido on all 4 clyniders!!!

Fred
16-10-2005, 01:20

Oh and mr ohbejesus, its not a standard spyder engine, its a fully blue printed, lightened and balance "unknown cams" avec le 190bhp

how many F7R's do you know with a 8K rev limit (apart from 99lives, he's special though!!)

2 live
16-10-2005, 11:25
mine doesnt have a 8k limit mate..7100 is enuff for me. lol

but the limit isnt really any benefit.....unless its been mapped up to the limit properly...which not many places do....they either off the shelf chips mapped for 1 engine, and we all know evry engine is diff, or they mapped to 6500 and have a raised limiter that isnt mapped.....now wots the point in that ?? lol

to rev that high would need all the internals uprating and balancing for it to be really effective

now if mine DID rev to 8000...............now that WOULD be an animal lol

J o n
16-10-2005, 12:11

Oh and mr ohbejesus, its not a standard spyder engine, its a fully blue printed, lightened and balance "unknown cams" avec le 190bhp

how many F7R's do you know with a 8K rev limit (apart from 99lives, he's special though!!)

well if Northy's is making 177.5 bhp mine must be 180+ already... so add chip 190+ easy and 7'200 limit... Fred/Yoz, get some speedo vids for the pink beasty!!!

BenR
16-10-2005, 14:30
herpes!

Fred
16-10-2005, 17:17
see you all on track next season then!!!!! ave it!!!

J o n
16-10-2005, 17:19
see you all on track next season then!!!!! ave it!!!

I cant compete with you or Yoz on driving skill, but we will have a car that should provide more than just rivalry for the Cuppy :lol: