PDA

View Full Version : Brake piston retractor @ Dony

Mooseman
07-10-2005, 08:58
Anybody got one of these to bring to Dony on Sunday?? Had my pads out last night but don't have a suitable tool to retract the piston to take the replacement pads. .... cheers Moose

Lunner
07-10-2005, 13:05
Your hands???

Squeeze ti back in, failing that, or if you are feeling weak, i use a jack handle accross the piston and push against teh topof the hub or similar

Mooseman
07-10-2005, 13:29
errr, would rather not damage the disc or the hub or the calliper for that matter. weak? yeah thats me alright haha

Have already been bedding in my new sports pads this lunchtime muhahahahahaha

edde
07-10-2005, 13:51
Just use a G clamp and make sure you retack it slowly. Or you could loosen the bleed nipple and it makes puching the caliper back much easier all that will happen if the fluid will drip out. I'm bringing a G clamp though and I've yet to have a problem doing pads using one.

Mooseman
07-10-2005, 13:59
Just use a G clamp and make sure you retack it slowly. Or you could loosen the bleed nipple and it makes puching the caliper back much easier all that will happen if the fluid will drip out. I'm bringing a G clamp though and I've yet to have a problem doing pads using one.
cheers mate, my garage seems to be missing all the vital components: g-clamp, hydraulic jack, air gun, fit receptionist who does not wear a bra :roll:

edde
07-10-2005, 15:00
cheers mate, my toolbox seems to be missing the vital component: fit receptionist :roll:
Thats the only required tool in a toolbox.
I don't wear a bra (on Sundays) so will that be good enough for you?