PDA

View Full Version : silenced de-cat or de-cat

mon
05-10-2005, 21:59
whitch is best.. will it be loader putting a de-cat on? :?: :roll:

Mattie
06-10-2005, 11:14
mines propa LOUD!!!! :shock:

i like it bein loud though u can hear me cumin from streets away!......dus get anoyin though after abit, espesh if ur on the motorway!!

northy
06-10-2005, 11:27
straight through

measor
06-10-2005, 17:55
well i bought a non silenced one and iv already got a very loud powerflow exhaust on, i was expectin the decat jus 2 add 2 the noise but it completely ruined the noise, the deep note had gone wasnt louder just more high pitched with bit of a rasp noise 2 it, wuldv bin sweet if i was runnin standard exhaust cos wuldv appreciated the sound but it just didnt compare 2 the noise from the powerflow, so my advice would be 2 get a silenced 1................or buy mine off me (which is 4 sale) :wink:

mon
06-10-2005, 20:45
wot make is your de-cat? were you get it from

Martin
06-10-2005, 21:17
de-CAT MOFO

mon
06-10-2005, 21:27
de-CAT MOFO

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Lunner
06-10-2005, 22:16
I can do de-cats, but i'm trying to sort out another supplier for flanges at the moment

mon
06-10-2005, 22:17
yea are they not that load?.. how mutch are they?

Swervin_Mervin
07-10-2005, 11:33
I still haven't decided whether to get a silenced de-cat. Having been in a couple of de-catted willys I think I might. It was just too deafening on the m-way for my ears.

J o n
07-10-2005, 12:53
lol, so mine will be one of those then Mike? hehe

it's getting changed for a quieter one when funds allow, it does sound when your giving it death. dont bother with a silenced decat, they are well thick and heavy and defeat the point... plus if it falls off your getting a bill from the council, simple.

can we stop this text speak as well, it makes the site look like it's populated by pre teens. www.iespell.com if your struggling ;)

Plattsy
09-10-2005, 04:25
well i bought a non silenced one and iv already got a very loud powerflow exhaust on, i was expectin the decat jus 2 add 2 the noise but it completely ruined the noise, the deep note had gone wasnt louder just more high pitched with bit of a rasp noise 2 it, wuldv bin sweet if i was runnin standard exhaust cos wuldv appreciated the sound but it just didnt compare 2 the noise from the powerflow, so my advice would be 2 get a silenced 1................or buy mine off me (which is 4 sale) :wink:
Im after a non silenced decat mate. how much inc p+p, what make is it, stainloess steel or mild? cheers

adiclio16v
25-12-2005, 01:32
silenced de-cats are shit i think i may have a magnex silenced de-cat knocking about in the garage sumwhere
ull neva be able to pop flames wiv a silenced 1 and it wont make half the same noise
adi

VIPERONE
25-12-2005, 02:55
i have a straight thru mid section right thru to backbox...mine not loud at all.. i am runnng a scorpion backbox.. im off to powerflow again to have a custom backbox fitted.

richy
25-12-2005, 11:50
i have a straight thru mid section right thru to backbox...mine not loud at all.. i am runnng a scorpion backbox.. im off to powerflow again to have a custom backbox fitted.

i use to run basicly the same but a devil backbox and it was way to loud, annoying as feck with a interior let alone without one now lol now run a scorpion system inc middle box(if u can call it that lol) and decat, much better :)