PDA

View Full Version : BIDPAY

Mooseman
04-10-2005, 17:36
has anyone heard of this???

just sold my IPAQ on ebay, to a Nigerian :? , and i got an email from bidpay saying that i will get payment once the item has been sent and they have recieved a tracking number - this may be all above board but I have some serious doubts. they could be a third party similar to paypal, but like i say, never heard of them!!

also - the buyer is not now registered on ebay (don't know why) and they have offered 30% more than the item was bought for, for no apparent reason.

remember that old saying, if its too good to be true, it prob is :roll:

Scott-16v!
04-10-2005, 17:51
*cough*scam dont send it*cough :wink:

Martin
04-10-2005, 17:54
LOL!

NickFr
04-10-2005, 18:11
SCAM :shock:

Mooseman
04-10-2005, 18:58
damn bastards :evil:

Justin..
04-10-2005, 19:35
Its a scam dont even think of sending it.

NickFr
04-10-2005, 19:42
Nothing Racist....but this is not the first scam that I have heard of coming out of Nigeria!

Kelly
05-10-2005, 16:27
They are all fake. They are usually very easy to spot with their crap use of the English Language and the fact they want the item sending before they pay you.

Mooseman
05-10-2005, 16:33
They are all fake. They are usually very easy to spot with their crap use of the English Language and the fact they want the item sending before they pay you.

you got that spot on Kelly, just got another email from 'Dorris Smith' :

Hi,

Thanks for the mail,I will like you to know that you need to become a register before they can deliver your payment,And as for the Pda i dont mind i will like you to go ahead and ship it and send the tracking number to Bidpay so that they can mail out yout payment soon.

I await your response soon.

another few:

Thanks for the response.I want you to know that have contacted Bidpay myself and i was told that they have contacted you regarding the payment.

I want you to know that you dont have anything to be afraid of.I started using Bidpay wayback a year ago and have not regret making them my partner.

You will surely reecive your money, as i was told that it will be delivered 3days after first delivery and it will be covered with full insurance.

You dont need to register on Bidpay before you receive your money.I know they are trying to protect both you and i from scammers around now and i asure you will never regret making them serve you better.

I will be awaiting your response.

Thanks.

Hi,

I would like to pay for this item via postal order, you know my address is in u.k,but right now i'm in nigeria,i was sent there on a church mission,and i want to give it to the head pastor as a gift, so i will like to know if you can ship it to Nigeria,i dont mind paying any amount for the shipping cost,pls if you can do this for me i'll be very grateful.if you accept kindly send your full name and address which am going to send the Postal order to.

Here's the shipping address below,
Pastor Thompson Omotara
18 ADANA STREET
OFF MODELE ROAD
SURULERE
LAGOS
NIGERIA
Pls reply as soon as possible.

I like the use of religion to make you think they are god fearing honest folk :lol:

I'm gonna do a response right now and let dorris have it ....

here it is:

Dorris,

I am getting very confused!! Now I NEED to become a register BEFORE they can deliver payment??? This not only completely contradicts what you have stated previously, but also does not make any sense, if of course you are using the english language to communicate with.

As I have stated before, I am not obliged to and WILL NOT send anything until payment has been received and I have the bank manager in front of me telling me that the money has cleared - do you understand this??

Can you please reply on the following issues I previously raised:

Will the iPAQ work on your local power supply, i.e. not a live feed from UK based telecoms power?

I know that I only got a pass on A-level maths, and use my calculator for the most simple sums, but it appears that you paid £155, an extra cost of £35 on the agreed sum. Yes, just checked on the calculator, 155 minus 35 IS 120 ... is that right?

Can you also please inform me why you always say "I await your response soon"? I'm awaiting a response from your loyal partners bidpay, so really there is nothing more I can do here I'm afraid. Its probably the damn US government causing delays within the electronic communication ethernet in the hope that oil prices will go up again, damn them all to hell!!!

Regards.

Justin..
05-10-2005, 18:26
well , i still wouldnt send it no matter what.

contact ebay, see what they say

Kelly
06-10-2005, 10:00
LoL - send them something else! Like a box of spiders of something :lol:

Mooseman
06-10-2005, 10:53
LoL - send them something else! Like a box of spiders of something :lol:

spiders? come on, thats kids play, unless they are highly poisonous :lol:

Kelly
06-10-2005, 11:05
Well i'm scared to death of spiders, so it'd work for me :lol:

Mooseman