PDA

View Full Version : Brakes

Dancliovalver
01-10-2005, 18:09
have a problem with the brakes, the actual brakes themselfs work perfectly but pushing down on the pedal feels like you trying to push a rock into the ground!!!!

have been told to check the vaccum hoses, whats the best way of doing this and also which ones are the vaccum hoses and which ones arnt??
if it is the hoses where can i get em from or how much do they cost from Renault??

the only other things i can think of are they may need bleeding, the master cylinder or the brake cylinder!!

would the brakes go stiff if your pads where worn to death??

thanks in advance

richy
01-10-2005, 19:12
presume its a 16v so the metal pipe which runs along the dizzy then around to 2 feeds on the inlet manifold is the vacuum pipe for the servo, check its all on and connected, a pipe will run from that to the brake servo which if u jack the car up on the o/s/f and remove the wheel arch lining u should be able to see it, doubt its come out but u never know

Dancliovalver
02-10-2005, 09:24
cheers mate thanks for the help ill give that a go today if i get chance and ill let ya know!!! :D

Dancliovalver
02-10-2005, 14:02
sorry probably i simple stupid question but where bouts is the dizzy and wat colour are the vacuum hoses? are they the small green ones or different?