PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid Vs BBPT Turbo Valver

Tom16v
01-10-2005, 12:01
What can i say. This was funny as fook! And all said i promise is 100% truthfull!!!

People on cs for a while have said that there is a red 'N' reg turbo valver going round Bristol which always seems to taunt 172's and 182's by pulling along side and dumping on them! Anyways, i had never seen it until last night...

Was in Weston Super Mare and i must admit i was in maccyd's but i was starving! I saw this red 16v parked up and thought nothing of it. Anyways, he started to leave and stopped infront of me, and looked with a grin and slowly drove off but kept looking over. I bite that bait and followed. He started driving really slow until we hit the open road and he just flew off. I dropped it but couldnt regain the ground lost but he slowed and i caught up. Then we had another little blast and he shot off again because it was a little wet and i couldnt get the power down. (new tyres tday! lol) He slowed and i caught up again and had a little chat. The first thing he said was "Its the devil aint it!" and at this point all i could do is agree....I asked how he was getting the power down as all i could do is spin so he went on to tell me he has a lsd ect

Anyways, to cut it a bit short i asked if he wanted a blip down a private d/c where i knew i could get traction and naturally he oblieged and his mate started laughing!! We headed towards the strip with him dumping behind me every 2 secs and i must say his car sounded MINT!!

Onto the duel carridgeway and both in second along side each other, a nod and we both floor it! I instantly pulled a car length and then the gap stayed the same, into third and he pulled along side pulling it back. Total sketchy looking at each other moment!! Changed to fourth and to my total supprisment i pulled the car length back which i held to the end of fourth when we both slowed!!!!

Pulled over and had a proper chat then. His mate couldnt beleive it and all he said when he looked at my car is "Animal"! Basically he had the BBPT low boost turbo conversion with a few other bits and pieces. He paid 15k in total to get it how it is but he said he is forever getting probs. He melted a head the other week or summit!!

Anyways, he's gotta be fooked right off!! So proud off my car but really makes me wonder what its running?! Got a RR next week! [:D]

craig172
01-10-2005, 12:06
well done fella i bet he was mega pissed spending all that money and gettin beat. :lol:

Tom16v
01-10-2005, 12:09
Yeah he seemed it!!

I thought these bb turbo conversions were supposed to make them animals?!

craig172
01-10-2005, 12:11
so did i but obvously not.

Tom16v
01-10-2005, 12:20
Hmm just had a look on there website and they have a vid of one so looks about right.

BBPT Turbo - http://www.bbperformancetuning.co.uk/videos/files/lowboost_incar.wmv

My car -

http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~cadams/images/tom16v/

Andyvalver
01-10-2005, 13:19
Nice one pal. I would of expexted the turbo to be quicker as they rave on about how good they are :roll: I want f7r :twisted:

2 live
01-10-2005, 17:30
nice 1 pal.

its always good to beat summat that ur not supposed to lol

Martin
01-10-2005, 21:03
sweet lol

Get down to pod Tom ..16th Oct