PDA

View Full Version : Temp up an Down

peteskye
01-10-2005, 11:56
Hello, just came across your site, whilst having a nosey about

Just bought a nice 1 and is spotless and in ex condition - apart from the temperature gauge goes up and down whilst driving.
The fella i bought it off has re-done the sender and the thermostat, what do you reckon it is the water pump,? or the Aux pump. the only other thing is the heater does not blow out hot air - could be related?

Cheers
Pete

Andyvalver
01-10-2005, 13:32
Welcome mate :P . A nice 1 :? Williams or just a nice car lol? Not sure bout your prob but its most likley to be a sensor of some sort.

stew
01-10-2005, 14:52
WELCOME! :D

seems like a sensor like andy said. also try giving the coolant a good bleed for air locks and check for leaks. the heater matrix sometimes leaks and gets air trapped in it, hence no hot air from heater!

James Clio 16v
01-10-2005, 15:20
Welcome to the site mate.

Check your carpets for dampness in the footwells. If there is any, your heater matrix has died.

Cheap to replace, mine cost about £35 from GSF, pain in the arse to fit though. Dash needs to unbolted and moved forward, not hard, but time consuming.

Coops
01-10-2005, 22:02
speakin of temp, whats normal runnin temp on the beasts? i think mine runs hotter but it aint standard n i got issues with coolin fan n all!

peteskye
01-10-2005, 22:23
Thanks for all the welcomes an all that.........

No wet carpets or anything, was one of the things i looked for when i bought it... i thinking and looking at it all a bit more, think that it may be the water pump, makes a water pump noise when cold, then goes away when hot, or warmer - reckon i will replace that an see what happens, just weird that in all the cars have had, would not have thought the temp would go up and down that quickly, if thats all it was -- as also the Q before this, what does yours usually run at (water temp that is)

Cheers
Pete

peteskye
01-10-2005, 22:26
Welcome mate . A nice 1 Williams or just a nice car lol? Not sure bout your prob but its most likley to be a sensor of some sort.

an nice williams 1 that was meant to be - number 258 - great fun, better than the 2 r5 turbos i had when i was young an foolish (then the insurance laws changed an i had to get rid of)

pete

Coops
02-10-2005, 20:40
usually half way between quarter and half to halfway! fluctuates quite a bit but my fan is disconnected from relayed circuit, i got it wired to manual switch