PDA

View Full Version : valver manifold!?

JayR
30-09-2005, 20:36
Anyone else running one on there 2.0?

I read many people say that these were better manifold for the 2.0 but im just wondering if and where you loose out by having one!?

When i had a few standings last night with a 5, i was killing him to 60 literally, still infront at 80 but by 100 we were level again which seems abit weird as i thought the willy was alot stronger at higher speeds.........Never really noticed it until last night but it was noticeable when it happened!

BRUN
01-10-2005, 00:53
i would have thought to 60 he would have you, and after that you would start to leave him

5 engines dont have the top speed the valver/willy does and after about 80 mine used to run out of puff a little bit, whereas my valver is still pulling strong

JayR
01-10-2005, 16:02
Thats what i wouldve thought awell mate but that deffo wasnt the case!

We were both on our own with somebody counting us down so both had equal starts and he wasnt complaining about his beng bad either...........Iv always thought the willys had stronger top end than low down aswell and for 5's it was the otherway round!?

FlamingMonkey
01-10-2005, 16:23
I have a Valver manifold on my Willy, and will be taking it off next week due to IMHO being a bit restrictive top end.

JayR
01-10-2005, 16:56
Thats what i was thinking Monkey............Good for low down but maybe not higher up!!!

Are you putting a standard willy one on or aftermarket?

FlamingMonkey
01-10-2005, 17:13
Thats what i was thinking Monkey............Good for low down but maybe not higher up!!!

Are you putting a standard willy one on or aftermarket?

Im going back to the Willy one, can't really justify the cash for the Supersprint or Devil to be honest.