PDA

View Full Version : Heart 'braker'

Coops
28-09-2005, 20:16
got half way to work today, n it appears it was to be the end of my new brake dreams for a few months!!! huge sound of metal grinding on metal as the last dying bits of my pads disintegrated and became one with the M6!!

so after limping via halfords on the way home to pick up a crappy set of basic ferodos i set about in the pouring rain chagin me pads! thank fcuk its soooo simple, compared to the bendix calipers, etc on my old 1.4 the girling type on this ere valver was a dream to change!!! so front end in the garage for hour or so and am stoppin on a six pence again!laffin!

oh ah n i managed to drive the 10 miles or so home from work, including stoppin at halfords, without using the brakes more than twice!!! and i live on a hill!!!was quite proud of engine brakin and me hand brake, was half expectin to rip me handbrake off and blow me box!haha! oh n all that was in torretial rain n all!

:P

Justin..
28-09-2005, 20:19
lucky beggar

TriO`
28-09-2005, 20:44
lol.... nicely done mate.. glad it worked out ok

BRUN
29-09-2005, 00:20
the Ferodo Premier pads are actually quite good pads

Coops
29-09-2005, 23:36
sweet, so that'll be like nobbin 2 birds with one connie then!!hehe!!

arj256
30-09-2005, 20:30
Wouldnt it be a good idea to check/change the discs if it was metal on metal?

Coops
01-10-2005, 21:58
got slight grove in back side of the offended disc, but nothin a few miles on the pads wont sort out! dont worry, i dramatised slightly in me account!!i aint gonna be runnin on knackered discs mate i got some sense!!haha!

Coops

rickkez
02-10-2005, 12:51
thats happened to me before, had to limp all the way back from blackpool with a horrible horrible grinding noise coming from the front pads, know the feeling of having to use engine braking and handbrake coopahstar, not nice is it hey!! :roll:

rick